two. (michael weston) '18

His twin brother, Abel, warned him about Wes. That boy had been suspended so many times his grades were probably so low they were nonexistent. He was late to class so many times in a row that he would get a better chance flunking out and trying again next year. But the thing is, he was nice to nobody but Cain.

And maybe that's what Cain needed. Somebody who cared only for him and snapped his teeth at everyone else in the vicinity. He wasn't magnetic like Troy at all--in fact he did the opposite. And if Troy was still dating Kayla one year later, then Cain could move on too. Unfortunately, that meant skipping classes to hang out in Michael's car, which lead to an immediate call to Mrs. Ryan. 

"Do you want me to embarrass you in front of your friends? Because best believe I will call off of work and sit with you the entire class to make sure you are in attendance, do really want that Cain?"

Cain smacked his lips, and she looked like she wanted to separate them from his face. "No, mama."

"Then I bet not get another call talking about you missed class. Is that understood?"

"Yes, mama."

"Now go, you're about to be late for piano lessons and you can't let it run into the vocal coaching you have after that."

Cain leaned his head back against Michael's chest. He wasn't built like Troy... Long limbs underneath oversized clothes. He was like a knife: sharp jawline, sharp elbows, sharp words. 

"I don't understand why she's gotta be such a bitch." Cain muttered, watching Wes exhale blueberry milk flavored vape smoke from his nose. "She doesn't even know how hard it is to be in school for 8 hours, they probably had it so easy back in her day. Ugh."

"Well, we're going to be juniors next year, it ain't like she can tell you what to do like that anymore. We gonna be grown." He took another pull. 

Cain shook his head. "You don't understand, as long as I live there she thinks she can tell me what to do."

"Move out then."

"Can I move in with you, bae?"

"My apartment ain't as big as your house, my parents gone say no."

"Fuck. Well, I guess we'll just have to figure it out."

Cain liked being able to say bad words like 'bitch' and 'fuck' out loud. He also liked that he'd become the most consistent thing in Wes's life since they started dating. "Hey Wes, do you love me?"

"I mean you cute for a dark skin boy but I don't know if I love you." One thing about Wes, nothing got sugar coated.

Cain grinned to himself at the compliment, feeling proud to be an attractive dark skinned man, but that nagging feeling quickly had his smile faltering, but he wouldn't ignore it like he did with Troy. "But we been going with each other for three months and four days."

"Keeping count like that is wild... I really just like what I like... you a good kisser though so we can keep doing that..."