Napoleon smiled. "Edinburgh is founded by the late Duke of Reidensteigh, and by that clause, everyone will always listen to the man who carries that blood," he replied.

That was the last thing I remembered before my subconscious slid into darkness. It was a little while before my eyes welcomed the same place that the Prince of Hashire showed me when I first talked to him.

"I know you're here," I uttered while looking around the spacious place, only filled with white accents and thin flowing curtains. "I need to talk to you," I continued.

"Sinadya mong magalit." May biglang nagsalita sa likod ko kaya't agad kong hinarap ito, subalit tanging hangin lang ang tumambad sa akin. "You found out that when you are overly exerting emotions, I will come out," he continued.

"Annika can see you," I uttered. "That child—"

"A Reidensteigh," he cut me off. I can feel him, but I can't see him. His voice is like a wind, passing through my ears. "But also has the blood of something else. A half-blooded being, with dormant power unknown to all— except to the person who killed her in the past."

"She died of cold weather," I uttered firmly. Ramdam ko naman na ako tinutukoy niya. "Show yourself, I need to know if I can trust you," dagdag ko.

"She died because you let her," he uttered. Halos mahilo na ako kakagalaw at kakasunod sa kung saan ko siya naririnig. "You already know why the Emperor ordered Annabelle's execution. He even ordered to kill the child along with her, but someone convinced him to pardon the child."

"Hindi ito ang gusto kong pag-usapan!" asik ko. My heart pounded rapidly as if it wanted to go out of my chest. My entire being is in chaos, trying to collect all my sanity that has been taken away the moment I landed here again.

"You suggested her execution," Prince Raphael's voice resonated just right in my ear. He was so close that made me gasped and in fright, I took a step away.

"I was forced," I replied. "I needed to, so that my father would make his way to convince the Emperor to give me a place for the Duchess Selection!" I continued.

"Of course, you didn't have a choice back then," he instantly countered. Lumalayo at lumalapit ang boses niya. He is not showing himself for who knows why. "What would the duke's reaction be if he knew you were the one who killed her?"

Halos hindi ko na maramdaman na humihinga pa ba ako o hindi. Hearing him made my mind flash a few memories I've been trying to forget. I admit I did a lot of things just to get to where I am, and I am repenting these sins. Why must he bring that up?

"Anong kailangan mo sa akin?!" asik ko.

"One of your children, Duchess. That exchange is not voidable," he uttered with a firm voice close to my side.

"You will never have any of my children," I uttered firmly. My eyes darted at the space, finding him even if I'm wasting energy trying. "Whatever your purpose in this story, I won't let you have what you wanted. I won't let you all control me," I continued.

"No one is controlling you, other than yourself, Latisha...Laviene," he whispered to the wind. It was his last words before the space turned dark again.

Why did he call me Laviene?

~~~***•••***~~~

"Your Grace, you need to stop."

I hear the same exact words fourteen times in a row from Erwan who's been expressing his distress looking at me. Hindi ko na siya pinansin at patuloy sa pagbabasa ng mga dokumento. It feels like deja vu, ganito din kami ni Erwan simula ng bumalik ako galing sa hinaharap.