It wasn't long before we were all gathered on the couch, Ian and Carl sitting on either side of me while Liam sat curled up in my lap.

"Shit, Thea, we thought you were dead." Carl said quietly in the near silent room.

I sighed.

"I cannot explain to you all how much I've missed you or how sorry I am for not at least letting you know that I was alive."

"Where were you?" Fiona asked.

"Why couldn't you call, email, text, something?" Lip asked.

I hesitated.

"I don't know if you know this but Erik wasn't my father."

Fiona, Lip, and Ian nodded but the others hadn't known or didn't remember.

"Huh, no wonder you don't look like any of us." Carl said. I quirked my lips.

"What does your birth dad have to do with you being gone for 3, almost 4 years?" Debs demanded. Oh, there is the little spitfire I've missed.

"So you know that my mom had arranged for me to go to a summer camp once I turned twelve, right?"

"Right..." Fiona said.

"Well, that summer camp was only for those that were in some way, shape, or form, related to my birth father... that side of the family, things can get dangerous and so when I realized exactly how dangerous it could get for not only me but my family, I ceased all contact."

Silence came from them all.

"What, you mean like the mob?" Lip asked.

"Kinda, only they are much more dangerous with very dangerous enemies. I cannot tell you how sorry I am for not reaching out sooner but I knew that it wasn't safe for you and definitely not safe for me."

"But you're safe now?" Ian asked, as the others seem to be slightly shocked at the very thought of her being in too much danger to even contact them.

Us Gallaghers were used to shitty guardians and the dangers of living in a home with a an alcoholic and drug abuser and the dangers of the neighborhood. But the very thought of something being so dangerous was mind boggling.

"Yes, I am as safe as I can be. The only ones that might come here looking for me are my half brothers or my cousins, whom I get along well with. But that should be it. I came home because I got out... and because they gave me a reward for my help with their problems." Here, I couldn't help but smile at them all.

"Why are you smiling? Fiona, why is she smiling?" Lip asked warily.

"What reward did you get?" Fiona asked.

"I want to start out by saying that my uncles went above and beyond what I asked, which will benefit us in the long run."

"Us?" Carl asked.

Instead of answering, I asked Fiona a question.

"Fiona, do you have custody of Liam, Carl, and Debs or do Frank and Monica still do?"

Fiona, as well as the others, were understandably confused.

"Uh, Frank and Monica still have custody. They have custody of you too."

"Nope, not anymore! I am emancipated, thanks once again to my uncles. As for my reward, well, it is also a huge apology for all the worry and pain I've put y'all through... and to give us all a much better life. Do we have a car big enough for all of us, or can y'all handle about a three mile walk?"