03 - so it all started when we got raided

(REALLY SORRY FOR THE DELAY, my food poisoning got so bad to the point it landed me in the hospital for a few days.)

Hours have passed by, and yet you're still lying down. It's just you, the cabin and a quarter-full bucket of bile and vomit. The terrible aftertaste lingered in your mouth as you quietly wretched, your every movement jerky and rigid.

Your stomach has been churning repeatedly as well, which doesn't help your current situation by any means as you've thrown up a concerning amount of bile just a few moments ago. Your body hasn't been in the mood to help you out either, being even more sensitive to any contact and shivering restlessly.

You groaned in exhaustion, looking up at the ceiling. Your head swam and your surroundings felt like they were spinning or closing in on you.

You closed your eyes. Instant relief.
The dizziness has went.
It's better to have your eyes closed, after all.

Just as you were preparing to doze off again, the sound of loud shuffling footsteps emanated from outside. You immediately froze in shock and fear before recovering and straining your ears to listen in on the outdoor commotion. It was the sound of men talking and shouting as well as light gunfire, along with faint screams.

Shit... It's really the union...!

Light chatter and words you couldn't make out seeped through the small open cracks of your dusty, tinted windows as your heart raced, trying to weigh the considerable severity of your current situation. Judging by the volume of the voices, it seemed like they weren't too far away from your cabin.

At that very moment, Bobo's advice echoed in your mind.

"Due to the disappearance of the nextbots, the union is probably going to be on patrol tonight. If you don't wanna risk getting raided I suggest you turn off the lights and act like no one's home."

"Right... If I act like I'm not here, maybe I won't become a hostage," you thought to yourself, swallowing hard before nodding at your own words. Carefully and discreetly, you slithered off of the bed and onto the dusty texture of the floorboards. You gagged, but now wasn't the time to be worked up over something as minor as some dust and grime.

You hastily moved and ducked beside your closet, holding in your breath with your hands as you anxiously watched the dimly reflected figures converse outside your cabin. Judging by their reflections, they each had gun holsters, no doubt about it. Who knows, there could be a rifle on their backs; but you couldn't tell from their side view.

You strained your ears again to listen in, but it wasn't helping you much either.

"It's strange... abandoned... gone... no one," one mouthed as he gruffly sighed, lighting up another cigarette and dragging on it as he looked at his partner.

"Really? Still... sounds like... useless," the other one replied in a bored-sounding tone, shrugging while lightly nudging his partner back. "Besides... caught a few... hiding... unbelievably stupid."

You sighed and grumbled quietly to yourself, swallowing hard and narrowing your eyes at the dimly illuminated window. It was difficult to get any form of information out of these two, but they're talking about people hiding. Probably from them.

How thickheaded can these soldiers really be anyway?

You froze.

A pair of eyes, perfectly reflected by the dim moonlight stares right back at your E/C ones from outside the tinted windows. The conversation stopped, and so did your thoughts. You stared back and forth at him, quiet and frightened.