- Chapter Twenty Five -

Start from the beginning

"What's the plan now?" Natasha turned back to Phil.

"We'll need to head back to base soon. The next part of the plan depends on it," Phil announced. "From there, it depends on the mole and what they do next."

"I'm dead, so I can't exactly arrive back to base with you," Natasha held back a chuckle.

"I know you've both found ways to get into and out of every base without detection," Phil rolled his eyes. "We'll drop you off close by and you can make your own way in."

"Well isn't it useful that we've already done the groundwork?" Natasha laughed at his annoyed tone.

"In this circumstance, yes, but I don't like that our enemies could use those ways too."

"They'd find it pretty difficult without our particular skill sets," Natasha shrugged.

"You two aren't the only ones with your skill sets," Phil reminded them.

"It'll take both of us. You'll see why when we head back, Phil."

"Do we have to go back?" Clint asked softly.

"Unfortunately, yes we do, Clint," Natasha leaned her head on his. "We can't know if this has worked until we go back. We need Medvedev to get in contact, we need you to make sure he's convinced."

"And I ran off without a way to contact me," Clint muttered.

"Fair enough too," Phil reminded him. "Actually, your reaction was very good. Exactly the kind of stunt you would pull. Fury gave me 48 hours to bring you back."

"Tomorrow then," Natasha gave Phil a look. "Who wants breakfast?"

"Not if you're cooking, Nat," Clint got up quickly heading for the door.

"Thanks, Clint," Natasha smirked.

"I seem to remember you two fighting over a comment like that more than once," Phil shook his head with a smile.

"Things changed, Phil," Natasha sighed. "Things changed a lot." She got up heading back inside.

Just before the door closed, Natasha heard him mutter, "I think I'm beginning to see just how much."

"So what's your entry point?" Clint asked as they boarded the quinjet. The two days they'd spent at the cabin had flown by. They'd decided to wait until dark to take off, preferring to take extra precautions.

"The owls hideout?" Natasha asked. "We'll have to take Lola to get close enough."

"What about the ground based motion sensors?" Clint reminded her.

"Zip line." was her reply. "If I go fast enough over them, anyone on base will assume it's another owl and won't look any closer. And your arrival will distract them."

"There's a camera up there."

"That's the one the rats keep chewing," Natasha laughed. "It's chewed again. I checked just after we arrived."

"And the owls?" Clint asked, firing up the engines.

"It's not nesting time, they should be out hunting."

"Right," Clint nodded. "Phil, you better get that camera fixed again, it is quite important for the security of that entrance."

"I'll get it sorted," Phil nodded.

"Get some sleep, Phil, we'll wake you when we get close," Natasha offered.

"I think I will," Phil agreed, heading back to the cargo bay.