Chapter 1 - Youngling Training

It was a cool day on Corusaunt. The Jedi Temple was busy as everyone was out and about. The late afternoon sun in the distance shined on the city and into the Temple windows. A clan of younglings were training with Yoda in the Temple.

A little girl with light blue skin and white curly hair falling to her shoulders watched Master Yoda with yellow awestruck eyes as he demonstrated various stances with the wooden staff. She stared intently, watching his every move, determined to replicate them on her first try.

Master Yoda began counting off the poses and the younglings moved smoothly from one position to the next. He started slow, making sure everyone was in the correct stance before moving to the next.

"Kennedy, shoulder width apart, your feet must be. Easily push you over, I could." He came over to her and used his cane to push her shoulder, causing her to lose balance and stumble slightly. Her cheeks immediately flushed indigo. "Try again." She reset and Master Yoda stood next to her and demonstrated the stance. She copied him, with her legs father apart this time. He reached up with his cane again, this time she didn't budge. "Very good," he smiled.

After they go through and learn each stance, Yoda counted the poses off faster and soon enough, the younglings were perfectly going through each pose. Yoda stood in front of them with a proud smile.

"Okay, young ones. Away, put the staffs. Training sabers, you can grab." Everyone gasped and began chatting with each other. It was always a fun day when they were allowed to train with the training sabers. As the younglings got back into their places, they were starting to chatter more loudly. "Younglings, Younglings," he spoke over them to quiet them down. "Use the poses we just learned, we will, to block the shots from the training droids. Turn them on and put your blinders on."

Kennedy turned on the spherical training droid at her feet and it rose from the ground to above her head as she put the blinding cap on and ignited the saber. The training droid hovered around her and as she reached out with her senses; she could feel where it was in front of her. It shot the first bolt at her and she stepped into the first position, blocking the shot.

She could hear everyone else blocking their shots around her all at different times. By diverting her attention to the sounds around her, she didn't sense the next shot from the droid and it hit her thigh. She only slightly jumped as the shots were nothing but a little sting. The pain was gone within a few seconds but she was just glad no one could see that, besides Master Yoda. She took a deep breath and reset, shaking off the embarrassment and reaching out with the Force again. She followed the droid with her mind and blocks every other shot after that.

There was someone making a commotion next to her, struggling with blocking the shots. "Calm yourself miss Tano. Reach out with the force and anticipate the shots, you must," Master Yoda explained to her.

She groaned in frustration. "That's what I've been doing Master. I can't sense it."

"Clear your mind, young one. Only then, can you feel it with the Force."

The girl took a big breath and cleared her mind, which then allowed her to focus on the droid and block the shots. Kennedy could tell the girl was smirking to herself. "Thank you, Master," she said. 

Yoda came back over to Kennedy. She was too focused on the droid and getting into the correct positions to block them to notice him walking by, watching her intently. She suddenly felt his cane push her arm, once again causing her to stumble sideways. She inhaled sharply, pushing down her frustration. He chuckled, "Remember your feet, you must, young one."

"Sorry, Master," she replied in a defeated tone.

They spent the rest of their lesson with the training sabers and Kennedy continued to excel and eventually learned to widen her feet. She was determined to learn quickly and be the best of her clan. Kennedy looked up to all the Masters, especially Master Yoda. They were all so wise and she admired them. She had also never had a problem with using the Force, it was just a matter of learning the new things. Though, fighting stances proved to be more difficult today.