٦ • found you

کچھ عجیب سا محسوس ہوتا ہے تمہیں دیکھ کر
سمجھ نہیں آتا جان آتی ہے یا جان نکل جاتی ہے

✻ ✻ ✻

The most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life was standing a few steps away from him.

She was nonchalantly ordering the helpers, invested in her own little world. Her dangling chaand-baliyaan twinkled with her each movement of neck, giving him life while taking away his breaths.

He couldn't take his eyes off the beauty right in front of him. He hadn't seen anyone like that in the last five years but she- she was surely a hypnotist.

Mahir had come to the bride's home with his invited family for the Dua-e-khair, one of the first events of the wedding to kickstart the festivities on a blessed note. The event was to be held after the maghrib prayer.

He had just stepped inside the lawn when his gaze took in the angel who was standing there, making a fuss about the flowers and fairy lights. Her dramatic expressions and animated movements while arguing with the helpers. Oh how cute she is!

The hues of the setting sun kissed her cheeks, making her creamy skin golden. In the white geometric embroidered anarkali suit with golden mirror work on the border of the flare and sleeves, the long flowy maroon dupatta over her right shoulder complemented her exquisite aura. The gajra of red roses in her hand along with maroon bangles and the ringlets of her golden brown hairs pinching her rosy cheeks, nature was favouring her pulchritude. A Belle!

“Bela..” the name escaped his throat and a lump took its place.

She turned to look at the gate, the source of many footsteps, hinting at the arrived guests. Her breath hitched. She freezed.

That one man was standing with his prominent gaze fixed on her. She was familiar with those greyish black eyes under the lavish long lashes. Oh Lord! That statuesque man!

Wearing a white pathani shalwar and kurta that fitted his well built body perfectly paired up with Gucci's brown leather shoes, he stood there in all his glory. His clean shaved face had a beard now, making him finer and mature. The manly aura dripped through his strong existence.

She is doomed, she knows. There is no way out of this pit.

“Mahir..” a name, the key to her heartache.

Destiny is vile and the world is small.

She feared the chances of coming across him while exiting the airport but she has calmed herself down with “it's a huge city.” but eventually out of all the shapes our planet happens to be a sphere.

“Bela aapi!” the young girl squealed looking at Bela, “You look stunning!” Eyana added, taking her in a bear hug.

“Thank you!”, Bela mumbled coming out of the initial shock and forced a smile upon her lips.

“Mahir Bhai! Jaldi yahan tou aayein.” Eyana called out for him and Bela felt a tug in her heart.

Mahir stood grounded at the place he was, still and silent. He hadn't take his eyes off the zaalima yet.