Chapter 2 - Mickey's escape

Prez left the clinic to look for Rick and had only been gone a few minutes when Mickey started to come around. Doc stepped closer to the bed and Mickey jumped and began to try to back away.

"Whoa son. Be careful or you will fall. Your name is Mickey, right? I'm Doc Goodson but you can call me Doc. Don't worry. You are safe here. No one is going to hurt you." Doc told him, trying to reassure him.

"Where am I? How did I get here? Why am I naked?" Mickey questioned, looking around wildly as he began to wake up more and more.

"This is my infirmary at the Rescuer's MC clubhouse. You passed out behind the diner in town and Julie from the diner called us to come help you. We had to shave your head so that I could stitch your scalp closed and we gave you a bath. We had to throw your clothes away but we'll get you something to wear, don't worry." Doc answered his questions and continued to try and reassure him.

"Where's Rick? I seem to remember talking to him." Mickey asked calming down a little as memories began to come back.

"He's probably setting up a room for you. I bet you'd like something to eat? Lunch is over and it's not time for dinner yet but I'm pretty sure we can come up with something for you to eat." Doc said.

"What do I have to do for it?" Mickey asked suspiciously.

"Just eat it. That's all." Doc said. "We've got an excellent cook." Doc pulled out his cell phone and sent a text to Andy to have someone bring Mickey something to eat and then he let Prez know that Mickey was awake.

"Thanks. That man at the diner gave me the first food I didn't have to dig through trash for in a very long time." Mickey admitted.

"Well, those days are over now." Doc said and then turned when Melinda came into the room. She had been in with the kids watching over them.

"Hey! What's she doing in here? I don't have any clothes on." Mickey said, pulling the sheet up to his neck.

"This is my wife and nurse, Melinda. Honey, this is Mickey. We rescued him a couple of hours ago." Doc said, making the introductions.

"Hi Mickey. Don't worry. I'm not here to ogle you. I just came to find out if my husband wants to go to town? I didn't realize you had a patient." Melinda said.

"What are you going to town for?" Doc said.

"Well, we need to replenish some supplies like the adult diapers. Amanda says they are a lot more comfortable than wearing a pad. Also, I have a list made up of things like bandages, hydrogen peroxide and stuff like that we are running low on.

Amanda is asking for some numbing cream for her breasts too. Her nipples are raw from where Daniel has been nursing. She needs a break so that they can heal. I'm going to pick her up some breast cream and check on a breast pump for her." Melinda told him.

"Nah, sounds like a ladies shopping trip. You go on. There's nothing I can think of that I need." Doc said and gave her a quick kiss.

She left the clinic just as Prez arrived carrying a dome covered plate of food and a glass of milk on a tray. "Hi Melinda. Thanks." He told her as she held the door for him. They only heard her muffled reply of "Hi Prez. Welcome." as the door swung closed behind Prez.

"Well, hello, Mickey. My name is Prez. I'm the president of the Rescuers' MC. I've brought you some food. Andy makes the best chicken and dumplings I've ever had in my life! How are you feeling?" Prez asked.

"Better. Clean for the first time in a long time. And hungry!" Mickey said, breathing deep. His mouth began to water as Doc pushed a bed table over to him and positioned it so that Prez could put the tray of food down for Mickey.