Much needed comfort

(This part will be of how Sonic gets comforted by Amy a week after restoring the prism and his friends had gotten mad at him.)

A week has gone by since Sonic and Shadow got their home back. But Sonic hasn't been feeling right. Even after getting his home back, he still felt like he lost his friends. All but one.

"Why do I screw up everything?" Sonic said, to himself. "I just cause more trouble then saving anyone. I'm better off dead."

Sonic sobbed a little. Footsteps were heard in front of him. He saw Amy was coming.

"A-Amy?" Sonic sniffled.

"Hey, Sonic." Amy smiled. "You feeling any better?"

Sonic turned away, thinking she was still mad at him.

"Sonikku?" Amy said, concerned for her boyfriend.

Sonic turned to Amy with tears in his eyes. Amy deeply felt bad for Sonic. After Shadow had explained everything, she felt so guilty about ranting at Sonic after he returned home. Amy opened her arms to give Sonic a warm hug. He hesitated but then quickly clung to her tightly, wrapping his arms around her and cried on her shoulder.

"Shh... It's okay, Sonic. I'm here. I'm not mad anymore." Amy said, rubbing his back to soothe him.

"I-I'm sorry I went too quick!" Sonic cried. "I don't know why I went ahead! I-It's hard to break old h-h-habits."

"It's okay. Shadow explained everything to us of how you worked so hard to get our home back." Amy said.

Sonic sniffled and slightly pulled away. Amy dried his tears and kissed his forehead.

"I... I missed you so much. I don't ever want to leave you anymore, Amy!" Sonic sobbed, quietly. "Promise you'll never leave me again!"

"Sonic Maurice Ogilvie the Hedgehog. I, Amy Rose, promise to never leave you again." Amy promised, giving her boyfriend a kiss.

Sonic kissed back gently, feeling himself relax in Amy's warm embrace. After a minute, the two hedgehogs broke apart.

"I love you so much, Sonic." Amy smiled.

"I love you too, Amy. I don't ever want to lose you again." Sonic smiled back.

Sonic and Amy heard footsteps approaching their house. They saw Tails and Knuckles were approaching.

"Hey, Sonic. You feeling any better?" Tails said.

"Hey, Tails. And yeah, I'm feeling a lot better thanks to Amy." Sonic replied.

"We're sorry we yelled at you back there, Sonic." Knuckles apologized. "We didn't realize how much you went through to fix up our home."

"It's okay. I honestly had no idea that the Paradox Prism was what held our reality together." Sonic said. "I got sidetracked thanks to Shadow before I came to help fight Eggman."

"We all should've realized, since Shadow was with you back in the Shatterverse." Tails said, with a little laugh.

"Yeah. I think we all need some much deserved rest. And I have some much needed comfort to attend to." Sonic said, bringing Amy closer to him.

"Get some rest, Sonic. We'll see you later." Tails said, as he and Knuckles left.

"See you." Knuckles said.

"Bye guys." Sonic waved goodbye. "It feels so good to be back home with the ones I love."

"Want some lunch, Sonic?" Amy asked.

"Sure." Sonic nodded.

Sonic and Amy went inside her house to have lunch.

Sonic's friends have helped him get better after everything he went through. But little did the Freedom Fighters know, a new war will begin soon with the Monarch of Madness.

(End of Part 3)

THE END! For now...

(Publish date: 12/14/2023)