𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

The princess of England — nobody knew her. Yes, the people knew about her but oh she was like a ghost to her people. Nobody knew her name or what she looked like.

When the Royals made their decision to keep their precious daughter hidden from society, they knew it would come in handy one day.

But never did they expect it to help them in attempting to catch one of Birmingham's most feared gangsters from stealing guns. No, never did they think they'd be sending their daughter to work as a secret agent.

Princess Adeline they named her. Princess Adeline of England. Who would one day take over her father's place on the throne.

Never did the royals ever expect their own Princess to attempt to kill her father either. But that was the funny thing about that family. They were in charge of the country but couldn't keep their own daughter under control.

-

England, 1918

"My son," Adeline smiled proudly, cupping William's face as they stood in the halls of the castle. "Mother," he nodded. She moved his blonde hair behind his ears and sighed. "Oh you're growing up. How are the horses— did you ride them today?" She asked.

William shook his head. "I went out to see them but no, i didn't go out to the fields." He said. Adeline nodded. "Very well. Will you be joining us for dinner later tonight?" She asked.

"Indeed I will." William assured her. Adeline sighed and kissed his forehead. "I'll see you later on." She said, taking a step back.

William gave her a soft smile and went on his way.

Adeline loved her son more than anything.  William was her only child, the son of her late husband. And yet somehow, her father would find a way to rip him from her too. The king felt that William, a child, was too much of a threat to his throne.

Adeline paced her bedroom slowly, flicking through the drawings that her William had made her when he was younger. It was only when she heard a scream coming from what she assumed to be one of the maids, she placed them down.

Adeline frowned and lifted her dark green gown as she rushed through the halls. "What has happened?" She asked, pushing the doors open.

A few maids had gathered in the library, all of them seeming rather distressed. "Your majesty," one of them spoke shakily, stepping aside for her to see what they were crowding around. Adeline's heart dropped and her face turned pale. She practically ran forward, falling to her knees.

"What has happened— I demand that somebody tell me what has happened!" Adeline shouted, placing her hands either side of William's cold face. She didn't want to believe it but she knew what had happened. Her son was dead.

All the maids looked at each other.

"My son, wake up." Adeline begged as she moved his hair from his face. His blood stained her palms. "My darling, you're okay. Come on, wake up." She whispered.

"Your majesty, I believe it was him." Adeline's guard charged in, holding a boy by the collar. She looked over and her eyes began burning. "Speak. Tell her majesty what you told me." He demanded.