chapter 2

Ethan Knight POV.

The second mystery girl leaves i call Ravi "Find out why she was here, she is up to something" maybe it was a coincidence, but I doubt that, those men must have been looking for her. "I'm on it" Ravi said. And then fallowed up with "I sent people too spy on her as well" that's good, let's see who she is. "Perfect, I'm on my way back" I hang up the phone and raise up from my chair, heading home.

Ravi and I are a team made of two, he is the only person I trust in life. My only family after my brothers death. Maybe not by blood but he is my family. After my brothers death, a lot of things didn't make sense to me. His death had been so scetchy and I never got any answers. He was one of the best agents in the world, so how did they kill him. and who was this "they" I keep hearing about. 

since no one knew he is my brother, I couldn't get inside information so I decided to became an agent myself, and so became an insider. I wanted the authorities by my side, to be able to catch and kill my brothers murderer. and it was in this very spy training I met Ravi. and ever since we have been inseparable. 

his specialty had been hacking, while mine was physical, fighting and spying. At the start Ravi didn't know anything about me having a brother, or my real name. but thru the years I told him a lot. and he tried helping me as much as he could. but the only thing we were able too find was a gang name. Shades cartel. Apparently my brother had been after them at the time. For some odd reason no one else got put to the mission after my brothers death. 

which if you think a little bit about it, you come to them same conclusion as me and Ravi did, the police force is corrupt. and so when we got an opening after a chaos made by the shades cartel. I signed up for the task of bringing them down. and made a team of only two. me and Ravi. 

At the time Ravi made me a new identity "Nicolas Maiden", and that is ladies and gentlemen how I ended up with another cover name. Ravi, well he didn't need any cover as he would stay at the house and be the brains off our operation. 

As I got myself inside their circle we quickly found out, what all the chaos was about. Apparently my brother had a secret entity, a trainee, one with his legacy. her name unknown. though everyone liked to call her Burning Rose. one of the reasons were.... well she acted like she was on fire, like a wildcat, bringing chaos down where ever she pleased. and the second reason was, they thought she would burn out, that they would get to her and eventually kill her. 

Much to our dismay, no one ever got to her. me and Ravi, bulled all-nighters all the time to get to her but to no avail, I even signed myself up to finding her, along the shades cartel. but it was as if she never existed. And maybe she never did. As she is now, years later still nowhere to be found. 

as I walk thro the streets leading to my house, I start thinking about wildcat, another down side about my brothers death was, I never got to see her again. I should have moved on from my childhood crush by now. considering the last time I saw her was 6 years ago, and I never ever got to see her face. but she was cool, and we were like two sides of a coin. So much so that my brother that hid me from the world, put me and her in the same room to get to now each other because and I quote, we were so alike that he was in a dilemma about what to call us, because he had thought we were both like wildcards, because we were so unpredictable. 

but then he'd come up with wildcat, since she was basically obsessed with cat's, and had a cat personality, which in his words meant "she does what she pleases, when she pleases, where she pleases, and she likes sleeping and takes naps in the weirdest places ever, like a cat". which lets give him some credit he was right. I once found her sleeping on top of her wardrobe, and then another time in a cabinet and once under the sofa. the only explanation I ever got out of her as to why she slept in these places was "meh." yes meh. she just meh'd me. 

as I walk up the few stairs to my door I laugh to myself, murmuring 'she meh'd me'. I slowly shake my head, in literal disbelieve. I unlock the door and get inside, and just like that I meet Ravi's questioning eyes "what makes you smile like that" a small smile on his face."wildcat, did I tell you the fact I once found her sleeping in a fireplace. her only ever excuse was meh." I laugh. I don't know if he has figured out my little crush that isn't that little, but he never mentions it. And he seems to like my stories with her. 

"did you find anything on the mystery girl" he pats the couch beside him, asking me to sit down. and I sit down for him to start "well, I scanned her face in all our data bases, but nothing came up, as far as we know she doesn't even exist. though it might just be a glitch of some sort. or maybe there isn't any recent pictures of her." I take an apple from the table "what about the spies, did they find anything" I bit into the apple taking a bite "well, all she's done so far is going to the kindergarten, it seems like she works there. I drew out a list of all the workers in that school and then I narrowed it to three people. Riley Blake, Emily Fitz and Andrea miller. but unfortunately there is no photos of these women. we can't even be sure one of them is her." 

I keep eating my apple, thinking about the information he got. "so we have nothing on her, but we can agree on the fact she is suspicious. You know, there were a lot of men there. As I was getting back home, I saw the real extent of it. It might not be her, but something did happen. as our only lead, keep a close eye on her." Ravi nods as he pulls up som CCTV fottage. "This is what happened"

I look closely as the video starts, people just drop dead one ofter the other. the footage changes from one area to another, everyone dropping dead. someone is shooting them all dead. "the most interesting part tho is this" Ravi says as he opens the main rooms footage "lets not even mention the fact the intruder didn't get caught by any off the cameras while entering the building." someone enters the frame, looking around. before they take out something from their bag. wait, is that "spray paint" I murmur in disbelief. "yes, the intruder writes something on the wall and then disappears the same path it came from. But then there is no fallow up. you can't find the intruder anywhere after that." 

interesting, it's as if the person never showed up to start with. "I'll try to find how the intruder entered without getting caught by any camera tomorrow, when I show up there." really interesting, they have extremely high security system in there, and a whole lot of cameras. of course no one noticed the intruder, as almost everyone got killed. But no camera capturing her while they all still work is baffling. 

"What did the intruder write on the wall?" Ravi brings the footage up close. and then he presses on something that makes the footage clearer. "The time has finally come, my wrath has began. I shall show no mercy - phoenix" another enemy huh. 

"As far as we know there is no one going by the name phoenix or anyone that's named after it." Ravi says, and then he fallowed up with " this whole thing seems cryptic, as if it would only make sense for the person its intended to, otherwise it just sounds like a Childs wordplay" he's right. But it feels a little off, like the person intended to frustrate them with this. no one would have taken this seriously if it hadn't been for the mysterious entry with all the followed up death. "to put it easy, someone is out for revenge. and this could have been a test to see if they're after the right person. another interesting fact is the name phoenix. a bird that's reborn from its ashes. someone might have tried to kill this phoenix. look into shades cartels past. try to find this person" 

-.-.-. Authors Note .-.-.-

I'm pretty aware there is grammar errors. and I'll try to correct them as soon as possible.