1: Instant Regret

Start from the beginning

"The director should be starting soon. Please help yourself to some breakfast and finding a seat"

"Thank you" once she walked off I made me a plate of some chicken minis and fruit. I wasn't expecting so many new hires. I looked around noticing they had tables for every department in their firm. I walked towards the corner where the fashion department was seeing one seat left. I scooted the chair out as I sat my bag on the table.

Everyone was mainly talking amongst themselves as I ate a few pieces off my plate. "Hey I'm Livian"

"Oh hi, Solani" I took her awaited hand as we shook. I couldn't help but look at how beautiful she was and her outfit was on point. I got introduced to a few other girls that was at the table but I was more drawn towards Livian and Gazelle.

"I've been eying your outfit since you walked in, where did you get it?" Zelle questioned. I started smiling as I wiped my hand on the napkin.

"I actually made it" they both had a shocked expression as they exchanged a glance.

"I love your style I wish I could say the same for a few at the table" Liv muttered as I let out a small laugh. I didn't want to say anything but I did noticed a few people sitting in the fashion department table had on some.... Interesting outfits.

"You know usually the ones who can't dress defiantly knows how to dress other people" they nodded in agreement. The met gala is a prime example of that. Most of them be looking a hot ass mess and then there are quite a few that impress me.

"Good morning everyone" we seized our talking as I looked up seeing the man himself standing there, Mr. Frank Dupree. Growing up watching his shows and seeing his black owned business grow, I had the hugest crush on him.

"I want to congratulate everyone who got selected to be apart of our team, please give yourself a round of applause" the whole room erupted in applause. I clapped louder since I was able to be here because of my bestfriend.

"Alright, so within each department we have a mandatory meeting on Mondays and Thursdays. Projects are assigned every other Monday during the meeting, Tuesdays we meet with clients and start the brainstorming process. Wednesday are usually hands on days and incorporating ideas into your tasks." He flips a couple pages as I keep note of everything he's saying.

"Thursday meetings are for checking in and getting updates from the department manager. Sometimes we'll assign small assignments depending on workflow for the month. Then at last my favorite day, Fridays. Now the last day of the week varies per department, but usually it's half a day" he clasped his hands together.

"We strive to be unique and creative, every single one of you was picked for your ability to be different but I will not tolerate anyone stealing other's ideas and discrediting them. Do we understand?" The firmness in his voice had me quickly mutter a yes. I glanced around wondering if that has happened before.

"Very well, your department manager will finish up with orientation and get you settled. It was nice to meet you all" the chatter kicked back up once he walked out of the room. I grab my belongings as we all hurdled up. A middle aged black man with a sleek suit and bifocals stood in front of us. He had an earpiece in his ear and a shiny ass Rolex on his wrist. 

"Hello team, I'm your department manager Mr.Peter Dunkin. Follow me towards the elevators, so I can get everyone settled into their new desks" we singled filed and followed as he continued talking about what to expect. Our new hires for the department was less than everyone else. It was a total of 8 of us, which made me wonder who we were replacing. Quite a few of them looked way older than me and most likely had a tons more experience.