Chapter 2 Check-Ins & Wills

The sound of the clock ticking is the only thing filling the silence. And with each one, the pressure in the room only seems to thicken. The lights dim any color and the walls are a dark shade of brown.

 The lights dim any color and the walls are a dark shade of brown

Y/N's in a black hoodie Fred gave her before they left the house. Seemingly a way to hide. She's not quite sure what it is he's doing, but he's the only safe person around. So she goes along with it. There's no point objecting.

The water in the shower this morning nearly burnt her skin off. When she told Molly something might be wrong with the heater, the woman informed her it stopped working the day before.

There's a dark picture frame on the bookshelf with gold paint dry-brushed onto it. In the photo is a family of three. A woman, who appears tall and thin with dark curly hair. She wears a yellow sundress with brown heels and simple makeup. Holding her hand is a little girl, similarly dark hair and a similar colored dress.

"Y/N"

She looks to the man with a blank stare.

"It's been twenty minutes and you've yet to say anything."

The man in front of her is in some emerald green, three piece suit. He wears a black dress shirt and gold cufflinks. It's muggle fashion, admirably, but pretentious.

"Mrs. Weasley brought you to St. Mungo's this morning because she's concerned about you, do you have any thoughts on that?"

"What do you want me to say? You want me to tell you that it's a lie and everything's okay?"

The healer looks her in the eyes. "I don't want you to give me a certain response."

The girl looks back to the bookshelf. "Is that your family?"

"hm?-oh, yes. That's my wife and daughter."

Sparks nods and then looks to her finger nails.

"Is there anything you'd like to talk about?"

"Why are you dressed like that?"

"I'm sorry?"

She looks at the material of his clothing. "You're wearing a green velvet suit with a black dress shirt and gold details. You look like.. for lack of a better word, an asshole."

He looks down at himself. "I'm sorry to hear that. Is fashion something you're interested in?"

"I suppose.." Y/N remarks. "You might consider losing the jacket if you really want patients to take you seriously."

"I'll remember that. Now, Mrs. Weasley mentioned that you're going to your attorney later today, how does that feel?"

She shrugs her shoulders. "I mean it's fine. All it means is sorting out my parent's finances and figuring out where Weston and I are going after this."

"Where you're going?"

"The Weasley's took us in because we had nowhere to go. If my parents assigned us godparents who are currently alive and well, we'd go to live with them. And if not, who knows. The Weasley's are great, but they can't afford to support two more people, let alone and a year old boy."