Chapter 1 The Daze

"Fred!"

He nearly drops his glass at the sound of Molly's voice. "Yeah?"

His mother's got that look on her face. "How many times have I told you not to leave your stuff around like this?!"

It feels like overkill. "It's just my jumper, I'll move it."

"Honestly," The woman scoffs. "First you leave school, and now you can't be bothered to clean after yourself."

"It's a sweater!" He snaps

"It's a sweater!" He snaps. "I've got more important things to do than this."

Her face falls and Fred realizes what he just said. And he feels bad for a second, but soon justifies it to himself. With everything that's happened, he truly doesn't have much time to remember small things. 

The days have seemingly blurred together. At some point, it all started to just fade into one never-ending cycle.

There's a sigh. "You can't do this forever."

"She needs me."

"What she needs is a doctor. Or at least an adult to help he-"

"I'm an adult," He proclaims. "I can help her."

Molly lays her wand on the counter. "You're Eighteen. This is too much."

He wants to yell again. "She just lost her parents. She lost, everything.

"It has been a week," His Mother responds. "She doesn't eat unless you force her, she won't shower unless I drag her in there- Hell, she doesn't even speak. This isn't grief that you can solve in a short amount of time, Fred. It's so much longer, counselling, maybe a hospital stay if she doesn't start speaking soon."

"Hospital stay?! Have you lost your bloody mind??-"

"-She's gonna hear you both if you don't pipe down." George says, walking in. "Where exactly is she and Weston meant to go after this?

Molly makes an odd motion with her hand. "Who knows. Y/N's meant to go see her family's attorney tomorrow, but at this rate, that won't happen."

"Y/N."

A memory of fire comes into her head. Like a monstrous bird, flying around the room. It hadn't seemed like a possible thing before that day, but she stood there in front everyone, proving her doubt wrong.

"Y/N, please."

She lays there in the bed, ignoring Ginny.

Tonks watched in inaudible horror as it happened. Remus was already in a state of shock before that. Moody and Kingsley just stood there. Not one person stopped her from it.

"Weston's here."

They sat there against the wall like a cornered prey.

"Y/N, GET UP."