𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

Date Gone Wrong

You know, listening to Stella once in a while can be quite helpful. I lay on my bed, facing an ecstatic Stella. "He asked me on a date!" She squeals. "A date!" I scoff. "And that's surprising," She turns to me, still clutching the letter to her heart. "Hey, it's not every day you get to spend quality time with your boyfriend,"

"Don't try anything or I'll ban you from seeing him ever again," She rolls her eyes. "Yeah, right," I chuckle. "Oh, you'll be surprised by everything I can do to you," Like package you wherever I want in the name of protection, deciding who you get to befriend and stuff. She still looks at me in disbelief. "Whatever. Let's go tell the girls," Oof, that might be a bad idea. But she drags me to the kitchen and slams the doors open. "Girls, I have really wild news for you," She beams.

"We know. You and Serenella managed to get out of kitchen duties. Congratulations," Tecna hisses with a glare and I wince. I knew this was a bad idea. "Oh, but I have a perfectly valid reason for that," Stella stops in front of the girls. "I'm going out tonight. I've got a date, isn't that exciting?" Bloom scoffs. "Oh, valid reason indeed," Stella ignores her and twirls. "I received an invitation. Guess who from," She leans on the counter, gripping the letter tightly. "Oh, we're just dying to know," Musa drawls. "Prince Sky!" She finally bursts. "Oh, Stella, that's amazing!" Flora smiles, clasping her hands in front of her.

"Can you believe it? An invitation to the Black Lagoon? Sounds good, huh?" My brows furrow. Black Lagoon? I've never heard of that place before. It doesn't even sound like a romantic place to me. "A guy who knows you and still wants to see you?" Musa half-heartedly jokes. "But what am I going to wear? I mean, my closet is endless," She pouts. "Please help me," Bloom smiles. "Well, okay," An excited grin spreads on her face. Great! Let's go! She runs out of the kitchen with a happy giggle. "She's so down bad," Musa whispers, tossing a peeled potato into a basket full of them. "Tell me about it," She and the others walk next to me. "Ah, but you're still not out of the woods yet," Flora says. "I know,"

We arrive at the apartment area and walk into our shared dorm where we spot Stella throwing clothes out of her closet. "There you guys are," She spins around, holding a magnificent yellow dress. She tosses it over her shoulder before I could say a thing though. "I need something really special, romantic even," She looks back into her closet then pulled out a mint knee-length dress. "No," Mint was definitely not her color. "I'd wear this. Pure classic elegance," Flora holds up a black dress.

"For funerals Flora, not dates," Tecna giggles then pulls out one of her creations. I remember when she asked me to model it for her. For a girl who has impeccable taste in fashion, she sure is a total failure when it comes to designing. "How about this then? You're sure to make a lasting impression wearing this," She winces. "Definitely not," The other girls laugh. "How could you even buy something like this?" Now somewhere in between formal and casual attires, Stella responds, "I didn't buy it, I made it,"

"In the dark?" Musa laughs. "Give me a break, I was 10! Besides, Riven, Damien, and Serenella always make it known to me that designing might not be my specialty,"

"And I respect them for that," Musa mumbles under her breath. "I like this," Bloom pulls out a light blue-sleeved dress that stops just above her knees. "Oh, it's perfect!" She exclaims, pulling Bloom into a tight and very uncomfortable hug. I should know. I've been on its receiving end for more than a decade. "Man, she really knows how to give hugs," Bloom leans on the wall next to me. "Enjoy it before she cranks it up a bit,"

"She can?" I snort. "Just be glad you're not Sky. It won't escalate to his level," She breathes out a sigh of relief. "Will anyone else be there?" Stella removes a pair of heels from her rack. "Don't be ridiculous Bloom. It's a date, not a party," She turns to Musa. "Musa, could you get the box for me, please?" She gestures to a green chest in the lowest compartment of her wardrobe. "Quick piece of advice, don't hold back trying to carry that thing," She nods. "What's in it?" Flora asks in a whisper. "You'll find out soon enough,"