𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

The Case Of The Missing Troll

We stand in front of the Black Mud swamp as Professor Palladium explains the lesson for the day. We're not even in and I can tell he's planned hell for us, probably to get back at the girls for teasing him. The class laughs and his eyes glint sharply. There's something never taught at Alfea that is very useful to fairy, learning to read eyes and slight movements. Even if a person wears a mask, their eyes are often the most expressive, so while Professor Palladium might appear timid and jumpy, he's one sharp man. So yes, I can safely say today's lesson is going to be worse than a detention with Griselda.

''This field exercise is designed to test your natural ability to listen to the always present voice of nature. Each group must navigate through the Black Mud swamp to find the Crystal clearing within three hours. But here's the catch: you may not use any magic. Only the voice of nature will be your guide. It's not enough to just hear the voice, you must listen to it as well,'' He clasps his hands behind his back. ''For a true fairy to blossom, she must learn how to use her skills without magic. I wish you good luck,'' He disappears into gold glitter. I let my hands drop to my sides as the girls murmur amongst themselves. It's a really good thing I've been through this before.

''Let's go in,'' Bloom enthusiastically walks in with a glimmer in her eyes. After her transformation yesterday, she's been more than excited. ''So, should we give her an overview of the place?'' I ask, parting the vines for the girls to enter. ''Nah, let her figure it out. It's much more fun that way,'' I smirk and let the plants fall. ''I like that,''

''I don't know if you've realized it but we're knee-deep in what I would refer to as a problematic mud puddle,'' Tecna says, stopping the group. ''Oh yes, I cannot feel the disgusting liquid on my skin,'' Stella rolls her eyes. ''Thank you Tecna, for stating the obvious,'' Not fazed by her icy tone or glare, Tecna lifts her hands above her head. ''Well, I'm getting rid of it,''

''Tecna, don't!'' Bloom shouts, clasping her forearms and drawing them to her sides. ''Why?'' She pulls her arms away. ''I didn't know your memory was lacking without your database, Tecna,'' She shoots a sneer in my direction. ''What she means is, we're not allowed to do magic or we fail,'' A sudden change in the atmosphere snaps my attention from their argument. ''Shut up,'' Musa clicks her tongue. ''Really? What's it with you today?'' Bloom shakes her head. ''No, she's right. Smell,''

''He said listen, not smell,'' Stella grumbles. The mud begins to ripple. ''It smells like...gas,'' Bubbles begin to rise. Ah, Medusa gas. ''Take cover!'' We hide behind a fallen tree and the bubbles collide, turning that area to stone. ''One more second and we would've been stone,'' We turn to where we previously stood. That was a close one. ''Come on, let's move before another wave starts,'' I help Stella to her feet. ''Yeah, I can't wait to soak in a nice, warm bath,'' She sighs with a dreamy expression. We move deeper into the forest and it's far better than my first time. No mosquitoes, keekbugs, or Quietus Carnivorous. But since my life can't go on without a pinch of chaos, Bloom spots a falling Red Fountain ship. ''Let's follow the trail of smoke. They might need help,''

The ship crash lands into a clearing. It slides for a while and when it finally stops, we move forward. The boys walk out with the last member of their team, my younger brother, Damien. ''Are you okay?'' Flora asks when they are all down. ''Isn't it rather obvious?'' Riven hisses, evidently sour about this, meaning he was driving. I resist the urge to laugh. ''Now isn't the time to fully display your lack of decency, Riven,'' He rolls his eyes but only I, and perhaps my brother, can see the slight twitch of his lips. Musa settles next to me with a faint blush. ''You know him?'' I lift a brow. ''Yes, that's Riven, we've known each other since we were children,''

''He's cute,'' She off-handedly comments. ''Sure,''

''Wait, where's the troll?'' The boys crowd their fallen ship. ''He escaped!'' Brandon throws his head back with a groan. ''That can't be good,'' I murmur. Damien snorts. ''Oh yeah, that's not obvious at all,'' I smack under his head. ''Chill out,'' He pouts slightly and huffs. ''Overgrown child,'' He scoffs. ''I assume your mission went successfully,'' His eyes darken and I know my answer. ''Perfect,''