𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

EP3
The Welcome Ball

The next morning, I sit next to Stella, sipping regular black coffee. I had to spend hours on the balcony thanks to my allergies and it disrupted my sleep. Yay. Bloom and Flora quickly rush in and sit next to me, panting lightly. ''It's about time. Where have you guys been?'' Stella asks, setting her teacup down. ''It's my fault,'' Bloom laughs lightly, ''I overslept,''

''Well you should watch out for Mistress Griselda,'' She lifts her cup to her lips, pausing to say, ''You know she won't let you off the hook easily,'' Just then, Miss Faragonda clears her throat. ''Attention, ladies! I've got an announcement to make,'' The hall quietens gradually till it is completely silent. ''Thank you. The annual gala held in honor of our new students will commence tonight. The students of Alfea School for Fairies and Red Fountain School for Bravery and Heroics will gather here, in our castle, to perform the traditional welcome gift ceremony,'' Girls giggle and whisper all around me. I deflate slightly. There goes peace and quiet for the next few days.

''One more thing I'd like to say. I'd like to call on your creative minds to turn this ordinary-looking hall into a festive ballroom, so today's classes are canceled. Get to work and do us proud,'' The Headmistress sits back down, and students begin to talk amongst themselves once more. After breakfast, Stella drags the girls and me into our shared room. Musa whistles, ''This place is nice,''

''Thanks. It truly is a masterpiece,'' I fall on Stella's bed with my head resting on her pillow. My eyes close and then I say, ''When you're done, Tecna, please let me know,'' I can feel her lift her eyebrows from here. ''I'm not an alarm clock,'' I just hum. A few minutes later, Flora shakes me awake. ''Come on. We're heading to Magix City to get a dress for Bloom,'' I open an eye and the other follows suit. ''That was kind of creepy,''

''That's part of what happens when I'm sleep-deprived,'' I toss my legs over the edge of the bed and get up. ''Let's get this over with,''

o*°☆°*o*°☆°*o*°☆°*o*°☆°*o*°☆°*o

We look through store after store with Stella and Bloom in front of us. I pocket an energy restoration potion I bought earlier as Musa speaks. ''How can you keep up with her?'' I shrug. ''I've had to do this since I was twelve. My body is just used to it,'' I bite back a yawn. ''Really? And you can't handle a quick jog from the forests to Alfea?'' Tecna skeptically asks, crossing her arms over her chest. My lips twitch. ''On a regular day, I can. But for two days, I had to go through a mandatory check-up, a series of combat, durability, spell knowledge, weight-lifting, and endurance tests, and then, I had to pack Stella's stuff, nothing small mind you,'' I breathed heavily, leaning on the wall behind me. ''I also fought a troll and by default, an ogre to protect the banana and orange duo, defended you lot from the Trix, and ah, how could I forget? Our little jog through an entire forest,''

Both girls remain silent for a while. ''Is that why you visited the apothecary?'' Musa is the first to speak. ''Mhm,'' Stella, Bloom, and Flora walk out of the store across us, wearing dejected frowns. ''I still can't find the perfect dress! What am I going to do now?'' Bloom whines, sadly looking at the ground. ''Well, it is getting kind of late,'' Tecna taps her finger on her forearm. ''And I've got to get back to decorate the ballroom,'' Flora chips in with a frown. ''Then you guys go ahead. I'll catch up later,'' She turns and runs in the opposite direction. I would've sighed if I didn't see this coming. I turn to Tecna, who nods. ''It's been activated,'' Her hand falls to her sides. ''Pleasure doing business with you,''

''What?'' I shrug. ''I implanted a tracker on her neck on our way here,'' Flora nervously laughs. ''There are no trackers on us, right?'' Tecna shakes her head. ''No, just on Bloom and Stella,'' I continue. ''Both of them are trouble magnets and neither of us would rather deal with another missing fairy case,'' I begin to walk away but Stella rushes to my side. ''You mean this whole time I've had-''