Chapter 28: Have Dragon Will Travel ( Part 2 of Part 2 )

Start from the beginning

Heather: ( to Fig: ) So, Fig, are you and Hiccup a thing?

Because Fig was caught off guard by Heather's question, she accidentally fired the arrow without aiming, and it hit the tree behind Clover, it landed a few inches above the young girl's head, which Clover wasn't even fazed by it as she was happily playing with Windshear's tail.

Astrid: And for Clover's safety's sake... ( takes the bow away from Fig ) I'll be holding onto this for a bit.

Fig: ( quickly, to Heather: ) No, no, no. Hiccup and I are just friends.

Heather: Come on, I've seen the way he looks at you.

Astrid: We've all seen the way Hiccup looks at you, Fig.

Fig: No. Seriously, guys. Friends. ( to Astrid: ) Speaking of seeing the way two people look at each other. Astrid, what's been going on between you and Rune?

Heather gave Astrid an already knowing smile while Fig looked at the caught off guard Astrid with her hands on her hips.

Astrid: Me? Rune? We're just friends.

Fig: ( not believing Astrid ) Uh-huh. ( sarcastically, and a bit teasingly: ) It's not like I've seen you two fly your dragons to the beach together early in the morning for weeks now.

Astrid: ( firmly: ) Just friends. Period.

Heather: Hmm. Both of them are kind of cute.

Fig: ( with a slight blush on her face: ) I mean, I guess. If you like that unassuming, heroic, dragon rider type.

Astrid: Or the gentle, caring, and selfless dragon rider type.

Fig then took the bow back from Astrid, and readied another arrow to fire. Astrid took out another axe and threw it at a tree to distract herself. Fig fired the arrow, and it hit the tree next to the target she was aiming for.

Clover then began trying to chase a butterfly that flew past her, but Moon stopped her by grabbing the back of her shirt, placed the girl in between her front claws, and began licking her face to clean the little girl's face, making the small child giggle.

Heather: Bullseye.

Astrid: ( to Heather, jokingly: ) Now, you and Snotlout, that's a match made in Valhalla.

Clover quickly growled in response to hearing what Astrid said. Windshear quickly calmed Clover down by gently nuzzling her cheek.

Fig: ( jokingly, to Heather: ) I don't know whether to thank you or feel sorry for you and Clover.

Heather: I can handle Snotlout. And besides, I'm not into the macho Viking type. I like a little smarts. Like Fishlegs.

Astrid: Fishlegs?! Seriously?!

Heather: What? I think he's funny and cute.

Fig chuckled as she rolled her eyes at Astrid's reaction.

Astrid: We're talking about Fishlegs, right? The guy with the Gronkle?