"Hamba uyosebenza uzongifonela." he says. (Go and work you will call me.) "Sharp ntwana." I say and get out off the car and get inside. I greet my receptionist and i wait for the elevator doors to open. They open and i get in and someone asks me to hold it. Kuhle gets inside and the door closes. "Personal lifts from baby daddy you sure are spoiled." he says and i laugh.

"Its not like that." I say. "How is it like?" he asks. "We were taking Sino's stuff to school so yeah I decided to ride with him just to save costs." "Yeah I believe you." "The only place i omit the truth at is at the court of law either then that I'm an honest person." "I did not say anything." "And I was just clearing my name before it got dragged through the mud for no reason." We chuckle.

The elevator doors open and we walk out. "Unjani?" he asks. "I'm tired wena." I answer. "I'm fine. Why you tired?" "Angisho we landed back yesterday and then we still had to make the party packs and you know how long those things take." "I know and hiring a person to make is more expensive so you just resort to DIY." "I would never I'm spoiled but not that spoiled." We chuckle.

"How was the birthday trip?" he asks. "It was really nice I had a great time there." I answer. "I saw from the posts that you living it up in Costa Rica." "I mean like if they say choose any international place and they will cover the costs surely you would live it up there." "I definitely will." We chuckle. "Sizobonana ke." "Sharp."

£

"Ngwana wa Costa Rica." says Mihlali and I chuckle. (Child from.) I stand up and pull her in for a hug and she kisses my cheek. "Unjani?" I ask. "I'm good and you." "Ngiright." "I would expect you to say you are sublime phela you come back from Costa Rica." "Okay I'm sublime." We chuckle. We sit down on the couch and she takes out her food from her lunchbag and starts eating.

"So how was Costa Rica?" she asks. "It was nice. The nice thing about it is that we went when it's summer so we got to enjoy the beach and take a break from wearing sweatpants and jerseys. I enjoyed my time there I won't lie." I answer and she smiles. "uSino yena?" "She had a blast. I think she loved the fact that both her parents are there."

"That child will be the reason why you get back together I swear." she says. "Speaking of which, she once asked us if we are together and we were like we just friends and she was so sad." I say. "How did she ask you guys?" "She just asked if we mommy and daddy in terms of relationship wise."

"How did you console her then?" she asks. "We had to lie and say we are." I answer. "Amukelani Mngomezulu." "I wasn't about to tell her and she couldn't seem to understand or accept that we are friends so we just agreed to what she said." "When you move back to your own house after the war?" "We will cross that bridge when we get there."

"Uzifaka enkingeni." she says. (You love getting in trouble.) "I know but what was I supposed to do. You know how emotional she can get sometimes when things aren't the way she wants them to be." I say and she sighs. "So growing up in a broken home does affect a child somehow." "Please don't call our home broken just say separate." She chuckles.

"Okay separate homes if that makes you happy." she says and we chuckle. "It does affect a child. We are lucky that we never got to experience it but from what I've heard and seen it really does and I wish things were different but yeah they the way they are now." I say and she nods. "Maybe one day they will change but for now I can see that the both of you are doing the best you can to make things work."

"I'm glad our efforts don't go unnoticed." I say and she chuckles. "Whenever she visits us we can see that she's a happy child and if you guys were always bickering and all that we would see with her cause you know parents fighting can affect a child mentally and emotionally." she says and i nod. "I'm very mature." She laughs. "Kodwa wena." We laugh.