Case (Jisung)

Author POV

Y/n has been married to Jisung for five years and they have a four year old son named Dae. Y/n works as a detective for the police department. Jisung works from home and runs his own business.

"Ugh this fucking case is killing me." You groan as you fall into the couch. Your husband leans over and kisses your cheek. "Tell me about it." You sit up and look at him in the eyes. "We have this person on the run... they're stealing, murdering, and all sorts of things. I don't get it. Usually we can catch people in an instant but this person is... too good. It's almost like they know how we work and they know how to avoid us so perfectly." You complain. Jisungs fave contorts as he processes the information you just gave him. "Maybe they do." He said. You give a small nod as he's probably right. This person probably does know how you work. "I have to go back to work at five in the morning and I won't be home till seven thirty pm." You said rubbing your tired eyes. Jisung kisses your cheek. "Go rest honey."

Y/n pov

I was sitting at my office the time being 5:30am. I was rummaging through paper work after paperwork and files after files. I was stuck in a pit of clues and suspects but nothing seemed right. The person killing didn't have a pattern it was sporadic. Each person was killed in a different way, hell for what we know it could he multiple different people killing. I looked over a couple of files before someone walked into my office. "Can I help you?" I asked as my train of thought left my head. "We think we have a way to catch this person." My assistant, Jennie, said to me. I small smile forms on my face as she says this. "Tell me more." I say and close the file on my desk. I usher her to sit down in the seat in front of my desk. She sits down and fixes her pants as she does. "How about we call in all the people we can to sit and watch." I stare at her blankly. "So you suggest we just... watch them?" I ask. "Yes." "Jennie, that's not going to work." I sigh and open back up a file. I turn on my computer and see another report. "Someone's gone missing." I say to Jennie. She looks at me with almost a blank expression. "This motherfucker won't stop. It's like they're trying to get caught." I groaned and threw my face into my hands.

It's been a few hours and I'm researching the new case of the missing person. I hear a knock at my office door and close the tab. "Come in." I shout as my door is further from my desk. I see my son and husband enter the room with wide smiles on their faces. I smile and open my arms as my toddler runs into my arms. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask as I hug my toddler. "We wanted to come surprise you with lunch." Jisung says and places a bag of food on my desk. "Aww thank you so much." I smile and open it up. I begin to eat and feed some to my toddler as well. "What have you done today?" I ask my husband. "Nothing much... took him to the park, watched a movie, and came here." He smiled and took a bite of the food. "Daddy push my swing." Dae smiled at me. I kiss his forehead and keep eating. "Mommy will be home after you fall asleep tonight." I told my toddler. I watched as his smiled faded. "Aww." He pouted. I kiss his cheek. "I know but you will see me when you wake up okay." I promised him. He nodded his head snd finished eating. I looked at my husband who was staring at a piece of paper work on the table. "Does my case intrigue you?" I ask with a soft smile. Jisungs head shoots up and he smiles. "Yeah... this person seems hard to catch." He says trying to start a conversation. "They are and I wish it was easier. They're making my life a living hell." I say and take another bite of food. Jisung doesn't say much more but nods his head in agreement. "Well we need to get going." Jisung smiles. I nod my head and stand up. I hug my toddler and kiss his cheek. "I love you baby have a good rest of the day." Dae nods his head and kisses my cheek as well. I hug and kiss my husband and say goodbye before he leaves with our son.

It's been about a week and here I was at the office at 2am. I was typing in my computer trying to write down notes on this case when Jennie barged in my office. "Jennie knock on the door." I roll my eyes and look at her. She was standing there panting as it seemed like she just ran. "They... caught him." My eyes go wide as I stand up and grab her arm. I bring her down to my car and we hop in. "Take me there." She nods her head and guides us to the crime scene. I already see dozens of cop cars and cars of other people working on this case. I walk up to the warehouse and see a bunch of other cops. "Where is he?" I ask a cop. "In there." He points to the building. "Why haven't you gone in yet?" "It's dangerous." I roll my eyes. "Pussies." I groan and grab my gun. I walk into the building and begin searching it. I see a small door that seems locked. I kick it open to see the man we've been looking for. "Turn around and put your hands in the air." I say sternly. The man turns around and raises his eyebrow. My heart sinks as I see him. "J-jisung?!" My breath hitches. He doesn't say anything but smiles. I don't say much but I feel myself want to tell him to leave and run free. I gulp down my fear and grab his arm. I begin to forcefully pull him out of the warehouse. "Where is our son?" "At home." "Why did you do this?" He remains silent at that question. I feel a small tear as we exist the building and I see my husband get detained. My whole world was falling apart. The man I loved and the man whom I had a kid with was the man I was so eagerly searching for and he was in front of me the whole time. I watched as he was placed in the cop car our eyes locked before they slammed the door. I felt my heart sink as I watched the scene unfold. How the hell do I tell my kid about this

It's been a couple months and things haven't been going well for me. My son hasn't grasped the fact that daddy is pretty much gone for him. I spend most of my moments hating his guts but still feeling love for him because he was the only man I ever really knew.