Chapter Sixteen

Christian's Point Of View:

"What in the actual fuck do you mean you tried to make her jealous!" Elliott yella at me over the phone.

I am currently pacing in front of my piano, running my hands through my hair.

"I thought it would make her jealous and she wouldn't want anyone else with me, therefore, she'd come back to me." I explain to him why I had almost the women from my club in my home.

"SHE'D WANT TO COME BACK TO YOU! Christian, she's a grown woman, not an emotionally confused high schooler!" Elliott shouts some more.

I sigh, I know nothing about relationships. I didn't know what else to do.

When Elliott told me he knew wher she was, I put the plan together. Then, when Sawyer text, while they were on their way here, and told me what happened at the club along with, what she was wearing. I was even more eager to put my plan into action.

What I didn't expect was for drunk Anastasia to make a complete ass out of me in front of all those women.

I smile, God I miss her.

"Do you know where she is?" I ask after a few seconds of silence.

"Nope! And even if I did, I wouldn't tell ya. Laters bro." Elliott hangs up and I sigh, flopping down onto the piano bench.

I hear someone clear their throat behind me and I find Sawyer standing there with an angry look upon his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask, standing back up.

"It would appear that Mr. Taylor helped Anastasia escape tonight. He called her a cab, paid the fare and, sent her to, Mr. Austin Matthews home."

I feel, betrayed. Hurt. Like a knife has just been lodged in my back.

"Taylor!" I roar and charge through the apartment to his living quarters.

Sawyer is right behind me, calling my name and telling me to stop. I don't listen.

When I reach Taylor's space, I find him standing there, next to a suitcase and, a duffle bag.

"Mr. Grey, it has been a pleasure working for you. However, last night, you almost had me overstep a line that should never be crossed. You wanted me to force Ms. Steele up here to see you with all those women. When she wakes in the morning, sober, and remembers it....well, let's just say she and I are both choosing Mr. Matthews. Good day, sir." Taylor picks up both bags and makes his way to the service stairs.

I stand there with my mouth slightly open, feeling a tad bit, embarrassed.

He was right. I have royally fucked up with Ana and I have no one to blame but myself. I should have just let her come in, shower, put on one of my t-shirts and, put her to bed. We could have spoken in the morning. Worked things out like adults.

Without a word to Sawyer, I walk away and head back to my piano.

I sit down in front of it and begin to play a soft, sad tune.

I have lost the love of my life and now, probably the only man whom may be close enough to me to be a best friend.

It is all my fault like, always.