Chapter Four

Anastasia's Point Of View:

When I turn around, Austin is gone.

I call out his name but, he is no where in sight. I reach up to grab my locket but, it isn't there.

It isn't there!

I take off running, through the room where Christian is still talking on the phone, down the halls, to the elevator and, inside the elevator. I bounce around stabbing our floor level until the doors open on our private floor.

I fly down the hallway and stab at the codepad on the door until it unlocks. I waste no time running inside the bathroom and dig through the trash can.

When I find the locket Austin gave me, I grasp it tightly in my hands and press it up against my chest. I kiss it repeatedly before ripping off the necklace Christian gave me. Diamonds rain down on the floor but, I don't care.

I place the locket back on my neck and curl up on the floor, holding the heart in my hand, tears falling down my cheeks.

The night that Austin supposedly died, is playing over and over in my head.

Maybe it was an illusion, maybe it wasn't. I didn't know anymore. All I know is that I saw him, real or not and, I wanted him.

The light catches the diamonds on my engagement ring and I cry harder because, I wat Christian too.

Your such a slut! My subconscious screams. In love with two men, brothers! Keeping it in the family! Who's next, the father?!

I cry harder. She's right, how can I be in love with two brother?!

"Anastasia! Anastasia!" Christian yells as he comes inside the room. He comes inside the bathroom and finds me crying on the floor, surrounded by diamonds.

"Ana.....what's wrong?" He asks softly, staring at me with wild eyes.

I don't answer, only cry harder. He kneels down next to me and brushes the hair out of my face.

"Baby, talk to me, tell me what's wrong. Are you hurt?" Christian gently lifts my arms and checks my face.

"IseenAustin." I cry out quickly, it sounds like one word.

"You want to go to Boston?" Christian looks so confused that if I wasn't such an emotional mess right now, I would laugh.

I take a deep breath and say three words that begin the unraveling of my entire life, "I seen Austin."