|♠ 𝖿𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗒 𝗂𝗌 𝖺 𝗐𝗈𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋𝖿𝗎𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 ♠|

"Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it."

J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

I STORMED UPSTAIRS WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, rushing into the bedroom and slamming the door shut.

"Oh, my God, Y/N, you scared me," Klaus chuckled, still lying on the bed.

I jumped. I had forgotten Klaus was in here, and was about to grab the nearest pillow to scream as loud as possible into it. "Oh. Sorry."

He sat up. "What's wrong? You sound...mad."

"I am mad."

"Okay. What about?"

I shook my head, sitting down on the edge of the bed and leaning over with my elbows resting on my bent knees. "Um. Well, it...concerns your brother."

"Oh?" Klaus swung his legs over the side to sit next to me. "Which one? Is it Diego? Because honestly he's always pissing everyone off."

"No, it's Five," I sighed.

"Ah," Klaus said. "Him too. Well, continue."

I glanced at him. "Did you know that I'm from the Commission?"

"Ex-squeeze me?"

"The Commission. You know, the organization that manages the space-time continuum." He looked lost, so I continued. "The place Five worked for a few years before coming back to 2019 to save the world."

"Ohh, yes," he said. "I do remember. What about it?"

"Well, I'm sure Five has told you about the Handler."

"Oh, yeah, from what I can tell, she seems like a real bi–"

"She's my mother," I said hastily.

Klaus blinked. "Oh. No, yeah, she seems great! Yeah, really good sense of fashion..."

I shook my head. "Okay, it's not important. What's important is..." I paused. "I had a friend there. A really close friend."

"Lila," Klaus guessed.

"No, a different friend. His name was Pierce, and we were best friends for...I don't even know. Almost ten years, I'd say."

"Wow, you guys must have been pretty close," Klaus noted. "What happened to him?"

I looked down at my hands. There was blood smeared across my palm. It might've been mine. I turned it back over. "He died. He was killed by the apocalypse."

"Oh. I'm sorry that happened, Y/N."

"Well, your brother's not."

"Who? Five?" Klaus rolled his eyes, flopping down onto the bed again with his arms spread out. "He rarely is. Probably only says sorry to that Delores bitch, although she's gone, now, so–"

"Delores?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows and turning to stare at him. "Who's Delores?"

A grin crept its way onto his face. "Oh, you're gonna love this."

"YEAH, AND NOW, WE'RE OFFICIALLY THE MOST WANTED PEOPLE IN THE WORLD," Allison concluded, looking around with exasperation. "The FBI is after us, the Dallas police, the Secret Service. It's only a matter of time before they hunt us down here."