The Surprise

It had been 1 year since the incident. Levi was now 4 months off of bed rest, but Lee and Erwin had ordered him not to train yet. His body was still recovering from all of the trauma. He had however, returned to most of his duties as Captain. Levi had been uncomfortable at first, what with all of the concerning stares. Eventually he got used to the attention. After everything that happened people started talking to him more. It had also helped him open up more. He was happy and he smiled more often. Now that Eren was his boyfriend he'd become closer to his friends. The news spread quickly and his cadets were a little less scared of him. Hell practically the entirety of the army had heard of what happened. But thanks to that a lot of people started supporting the scouting legion and they had gotten many more soldiers and funds. Levi, having not been allowed to train for 4 months, made himself busy. Since they'd gotten a lot of new funds there was more food in the kitchens, so Levi took up refining his cooking skills. He was pretty good at it. He even started helping with the corps' dinner once in a while. Eren always teased about his cooking and cleaning saying that when he wasn't fighting he was like a mother and the corps was like his children. Obviously he'd get a smack on the head for such comments. He agreed that he did act quite motherly sometimes, but it was still embarrassing. Levi had gone back to sleeping in his own room and Eren had been allowed to move in with him much to the taller boy's delight. He'd been so worried at the end of the 4 months when Levi was allowed to get out of bed, that he'd constantly check on him. 

        Now, with all of the positive attention there were also a lot of people who thought that they could take advantage of Levi's state. He had gained some strength back but it wasn't enough to defend himself if he was taken by surprise or ambushed by a group. So when Eren and the others were near him they made sure to protect him.  

        There was a day soon coming though, that they were all worried about. Well Eren made them worried because he was too worried about it. Even though he and Levi have been together for a long time the thought of this still caused his head to race with doubts. Although his friends often quelled them he couldn't help but feel nervous as the day grew closer.

         Today. Eren thought. Today is the day he'll do it. Hopefully he gets the answer he's looking for. But first he'd have to go through Erwin. He's the commander and he would have to okay it. He's also the closest thing Levi had to a guardian. Eren made his way down the hallway to the blonde's office. As he reached the large wooden door he took a deep breath. When the door opened the blonde commander looked up in question. 

"Commander Erwin." Eren saluted respectfully.

"Yes Eren, what is it? Do you have more complaints from Levi?" The older man chuckled lightly, removing his reading glasses. Moving his paperwork aside he stood up and motioned for the titan shifter to sit. Eren complied and moved to the dark wooden chair that sat across from Erwin at his desk.

 "No, I'm actually here to ask you something personally." The brunette felt his throat getting dry from nervousness. He wanted Erwin's approval for sentiment, but he also needed it legally seeing as Eren was now technically under Erwin's official supervision instead of Levi's.

"You seem quite nervous. Is there something bothering you?" The commander raised one of his eyebrows and gave a concerned look.

"No commander, it's just, I'm hoping you'll give me the answer I want." Eren looked up at the commander and stared him straight in the eyes. 

"Oh?" 

        Eren stood up and pulled something from his pocket. He held his hand out not knowing what words to speak. He was sweating like crazy and almost dropped the item from his grasp. The commander smiled at him and stood back up as well, placing his hands on the desk firmly.