Eddie kept his arm around me until they got to the next call. We were given a bit of time to drive around and rest after the previous call, but it wasn't long enough honestly.

Still, they got out of the truck without a moments hesitation and continued on like nothing had happened. Maybe they were just as good at distracting themselves as I was.

The call was about a gas leak in an old factory. It was supposed to be abandoned, apparently, but they were doing some work on the inside that wasn't public knowledge. I climbed out of the vehicle and watched as they walked inside together.

Apart from a few cars and the firetruck there weren't any other signs of life. The air was thick and the silence was eery, making me feel uncomfortable. To occupy myself, I checked the compartments of the truck and mentally checked that everything was in the right place.

Upon closing the door shut on the hosepipes, I felt a hand snatch at my face. My mouth was muffled as I tried to yell, only resulting in the person squeezing my jaw tighter.

"If you behave then this will all go smoothly." A man whispered in my ear.

I leaned over to try and hit him, but that only resulted in a sharp hit to my temple. My vision blurred momentarily and I staggered forward. The man dragged me towards the building and took me through a smaller door that I didn't spot before.

Immediately, I could hear voices arguing loudly in the large, empty space. The warehouse was empty asides from the group of people facing off at each other.

My heart leapt into my throat when I saw the gun pointed at them. There were five men, including the guy holding me, and only the frontman appeared to have a gun.

Upon hearing the door slam behind us, everyone turned to stare. I could see the team's faces morph from shock to anger in a second and if I wasn't in their good books, I'd be scared.

"Let him go." Bobby ordered strictly. The men laughed in his face and I was pushed forward.

Someone stuck their foot out and tripped me, causing my body to smack against the floor. Bobby stepped forward at the action, but promptly froze when a heavy boot was placed on the top of my back.

A click echoed in the room, the familiar sound of the safety coming off the gun. I tried to take slow breaths, as not to make any sudden movements. I managed to peak up at the team and my throat tightened at their concerned looks.

"Here's the deal. We want the money that the government is pumping into your pitiful firehouse. We all know you guys aren't the real heroes, so why waste our hard-earned money on taxes to give to you?" The leader scowled, digging his heel harder into my back.

Chim placed an arm in front of Buck when he tried to step in our direction, "Why don't you just let him go and we can talk this out?" Bobby insisted softly, raising his hands to appear non-threatening.

The leader laughed, "Let him go? Why would I let him go when I can use him as leverage? You give me my money or else I'm going to put a bullet through his leg. If you continue to refuse, I'll put another in his arm. Then, I'll let him suffer for a bit and if that still doesn't work this last bullet will end up in his skull." The air seemed to thicken at his words.

How did I always manage to end up in these situations?

Chim stuck his other arm out to hold Eddie back and it was clear they were becoming restless at the idea of me dying. How kind of them.

The boot left my back and I was yanked by the collar of my hoodie. The side of the gun tapped against my temple when I got to my feet and I noticed the man still kept it pointed towards the team. His finger was twitching on the trigger and the motion made me even more anxious.