Prologue.

I'm sitting on the train, the same way I do every morning, Bullet For My Valentine's Cries In Vain pounding loudly in my ears when a flash of movement out the window catches my attention. I usually don't look at people for fear of being caught staring but my eyes jump quickly to the movement and my heart flutters for a beat. Its you! The boy turns and I notice quickly with a sinking heart that it couldn't possibly be you, hes too tall and his facial features are all wrong, with a sigh I turn back to looking at my lap. Its been three and half years since I've spoken to you, longer since I've seen you. I probably wouldn't even recognise you if I saw you now. My inner voice scoffs at the lie. There's no way you wouldn't recognise him, it tells me amd I can't help but agree. The song in my ears changes and with it my thoughts fly back to our friendship and all the things we promised each other, but you picked her and with that decision our relationship ceased to matter to one half of us, leaving me to feel enough pain for the both of us. If only you had fought for me... I stop the melancholy thoughts refusing to let you ruin another of my days. I've let you keep your hold on me far too long. You with your perfectly curly hair and deep, brown eyes that haunt my dreams. I vow then and there to try and live without hoping to bump into you all the time and waiting for your call or text. I will be free.