You & Me

8 years ago—Jennie's POV

We have been on dates.

A few but enough to know that I'm in love with her.

It's been 3 months since I asked her to be my girlfriend and I haven't regretted a single moment.

Everyday she makes me feel more special than the last.

Sure I still get jealous when either a man or woman ogles her but my anger always soothes when she keeps her gaze on me and kisses it away.

All of my anger melts in her calmness and patience. Like water cooling down fire.

I'm 27 years old and I finally found someone I'm in love with and I couldn't be happier.

••••••••••
Jisoo's POV

I'm in love with Jennie.

This is horrible!

I had never anticipated that this would happen!

Unlike other girls, Jennie isn't someone I can just have sex with and leave.

She means so much to me that sometimes I can hear the thunder sound louder and more deeper when my emotions get the best of my powers and I am far away from her.

I play with the sand around me.

I scoop some in my palm and fist it tightly to keep it with me but it slips out and the wind dusts it off back into the ocean.

What if this is what will happen to us?

It's not like I'm breaking any rules by staying at the surface.

I'm not Queen. No one in the kingdom wants me and I was banished 100 years ago to the darkest depth of the oceans.

All for a misunderstanding that the Queen won't listen. She just believes Coral and continues to keep me in exile.

God I hate her so much but I bury my face in my hands.

Doesn't she miss me?

Doesn't she think about me?

It hurts that we have been fighting for 100 years and she just won't let me explain.

I want more than anything to stay on the surface but I can't help feeling disappointed that no one in the ocean will miss me.

Among the nearly 300,000 species in the ocean, not a single one will want me back.

And that breaks my heart.

I take out the note I wrote to send to her stating that I wouldn't be coming back and to take away my powers.

I fist it in my hand and push my hand into the water.

I see air bubbles gurgle around my hand before slowly stopping and the note is gone as I open my palm.

I'm not going back. Everything I need is right here.

••••••••••
Jennie's POV

I have on a white sweater dress and black leggings.

Jisoo always plans her dates as a surprise and they're always good so I'm excited what tonight is going to be. 

The doorbell rings and I smile as I run to open it.

Jisoo stands there with blue roses.

I grin even wider. "You remembered what I told you last time!" I reach my hands out and make grabby hands for them which Jisoo hands me with a laugh.