𝐥𝐯𝐢. ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ

Start from the beginning

“Can..can we wait to tell my family? I want to tell them when we don’t have anything to fear. I don’t want to distract them.” Rebekah knew that her family would be happy for her, but now was not the time - not with war upon their doorstep.

Alec nodded, understanding where she was coming from. “Of course, my love. We will wait till you are ready.” 

Rebekah let out a small laugh before she smirked. “So where is my ring?” 

Alec shot her an amused glance. “I will get you one as soon as we finish everything with the Volturi and then afterward we will get married and I will become the happiest vampire that ever lived.” 

REBEKAH LATER FOUND HERSELF WATCHING AS BELLA AND KATE WORKED ON THE BRUNETTE’S SHEILD ABILITY

REBEKAH LATER FOUND HERSELF WATCHING AS BELLA AND KATE WORKED ON THE BRUNETTE’S SHEILD ABILITY. Edward was there along with Emmett - Garrett had appeared out of nowhere as well with Melody by his side and Alec was standing next to Rebekah, arm around her waist. 

It seemed that the only one who knew of Alec and her engagement was Leah, whom Rebekah had called immediately afterward because she could never keep anything from her best friend. The other was Edward, whom Rebekah had sworn to secrecy - and he agreed as long as he could brag to Emmett that he knew before the burly vampire did. That reaction was one that the young brunette was both dreading and couldn’t wait to see. 

Kate waved her hands as she talked, trying to help Bella understand how to use her ability. “You need to visualize it. See how it moves. What color it is. Now picture it expanding. Will it to go beyond you.”

“It’s like my gift Bella. Think of it like a fog or a mist. Think of it moving.” Alec threw in and Rebekah furrowed her brows, realizing she had never seen her mate use his gift. 

“I’ve never seen you use your gift.” She looked up at him and Alec’s eyes flashed with a hidden emotion, his arm tightening around her middle.

“And hopefully you will never have to.” He responded smoothly.

Rebekah felt bad as she watched Bella struggle to expand her shield and she bit her lip. She could see the newborn was trying, but it seemed she lacked the motivation they would need when the worst came to worst.

Kate seemed to have the same idea as she tilted her head to watch the brunette newborn. “I think she needs something to motivate her.” This prompted Edward to step forward and Rebekah winced, knowing what was about to come.

“No!” Bella protested, but it seemed her husband had made up his mind.

Edward let out a breath and relaxed his body. “It's all right, I can take it.”

“Oh, this is gonna be funny as fuck.” Melody giggled and Rebekah rolled her eyes with a smirk. “Five bucks says the first wave knocks him on his ass.”

“Melody.” Kate warned her adopted daughter and the younger blonde just smiled cheekily. “Alright, ready?” She held up her hand, wiggling her fingers to the mind-reader.

Emmett chimed in next, a smirk on his but his eyes were serious. “Focus, Bella, or he's gonna be hurting.”

“Edward, I'm not ready to do this yet.” Bella stuttered nervously.

And just as Melody had predicted, the first wave of shock that Kate sent into Edward’s body had the bronze-haired male’s knees buckling and body twitching. Rebekah let out a hiss as she winced and Alec seemed to chuckle silently, earning a smack from his mate.

Bella looked hurt as she watched her husband shake from the pain. “I'm sorry. I said that I wasn't ready.”

“Dude, you're not motivating her.” Emmett scolded.

The mind-reader shot him a glare as he pushed himself off the ground. “You want to try?!” At that, Emmett put his hands up and backed off.

“You got this, Bella!” Rebekah tried to encourage, but it didn’t seem to help. 

The next wave of electricity had Edward screaming and once again falling to the ground and the newborn let out a growl as she turned to glare at the blonde. “Kate!”

Kate tilted her head, and slowly walked backward, almost baiting the new vampire. “You seem to lack incentive. Shall I go see if Renesmee's awake?”

“Are you crazy?” “Not happening, Kate.” Both Alec and Bella hissed almost immediately and Rebekah placed a hand on his shoulder, stopping him from lunging at the Denali vampire. 

“All right.” Kate held out her hand once more, eyes serious. “This one's on full power.” At her words, Edward shot his wife a worried look, but reached out to touch the blonde’s hand - eyes clenched shut.

Rebekah smiled as she watched Bella’s shield work, watched as the electricity from Kate’s touch merely hissed and crackled along the mind-reader’s arm. She was doing it, Bella was doing it.

“It's painful, but it's bearable.” Edward sighed out as he turned to look at his wife and Bella smiled, nodding her head.

The newborn let out a breath. “Okay, we should go again.”

And this time, the mind-reader turned to his burly brother. “Emmett?”

“I'm good.” Emmett stuttered out, backing away from Kate.

Rebekah stepped forward with a grin. “I’ll go.” But she only got another two steps toward Kate, before she was pulled back into a hard chest.

“No, you will not.” Alec’s voice was deep in her ear, and she felt her thighs burn as his lips traced over the flesh.

Seems that her mate wanted to play. Okay, game on.

 Okay, game on

[a/n]

I hope you all enjoy this chapter. The next one is gonna be very fun 🙃😈😉!

Also, the next chapter of DAYLIGHT is in the works and I have another book in the works that will be published before the end of the week!

Until then...

Thoughts? Ideas? Predictions?

Be sure to let me know!

Until the next update!

Love,
Drea.