"Never! Let the past be in the past." Her sudden answer shattered Anand's heart, making him realize once again that there can be no amends in their relationship—it's dead.

"Think about it, Shraddha. You've already lived that life. You can avoid all mistakes this time."

"Will I forget what happened? Can I forget what happened? Will you return my mother? But then his family will lie about her again. You know what? Let it be. If the events are reversed, they will hurt more. I know that at some point she will die, and during her death, I will be in jail. This is not possible. You can't take the whole world back. We will accept what time has given us and continue moving forward. I don't want amends. In fact,..." she sighed. "Just go," she mumbled, covering her face as tears gathered in her eyes.

"Go outside, Riddhima!"

Shraddha looked up immediately after hearing Anand's voice, unaware that he was also in the hall with them.

"Can you bring back her mother?" he asked her friend.

"Don't mention her name again," she responded angrily, recalling when he proclaimed her mother being involved with a married man like it was her fault.

"No. The dead can't return, but I can send her to the past to correct....."

"There will be no corrections. I don't want that." She closed her eyes and once again requested both of them to leave.

"Let her be then," he said. She nodded, and as she left with her luggage, he approached Shraddha, who remained unaware of his movements. Opening her eyes, she found him standing before her.

He sensed the panic in her eyes and quickly explained, "I want to let you know that I am taking Riddhima with me today. Everyone at home misses her."

"You could have said that while standing far away too," she mumbled.

"I know. It's just that, after the incident, we didn't get the chance to speak."

"Because we used all our chances. Please go now. I understand Riddhima has a family she needs to be with, and I am nothing to her but a stranger. You can take her. Also, thank you for letting her stay here for a week. It means a lot." She conveyed with a straight face, but Anand still saw the sorrow and grief in her eyes she tried hard to hide. What it was for was what he couldn't detect.

"Are we really over? Is there no other way?"

Surprised by his audacity after everything he did, she remarked, "You should be honest and ask yourself. Is there no other way? Honestly, I don't find myself having any feelings anymore."

"But time heals all wounds."

"Except mine. Even after fifty years, I will still remember you burning the woman you claimed to love. You demeaned her late mother in front of her, and yet, you still expect she will forget it. If it's forgiveness you're after, be at ease. I won't hold a grudge. Tell your whole family, and this applies to you too; I've forgiven all that you did. Maybe circumstances forced all of you to, but I will never forget."

"Fifty years from now, I won't even be here." came his short reply.

She gazed into his pale eyes, and her eyes gradually moved to his sagging skin before they settled again at his eyes feeling her anger melt away. Sympathy swept into her heart, but she decided again never to return to him.

"Let's consider professional counselling." he said.

"It will be a waste of time because I won't give us a chance."

"There's no harm in trying. I'll accept any decision you make afterwards. If you don't want us to see, fine. We won't. But let's give it a try."

She sighed, struggling to convey that she couldn't forget the past events between them. "We can't do it, Anand. You have a wife."

"Lakshmi isn't my wife. We don't have a marriage certificate."

"But I don't want her to be hurt. Settle with her and leave me alone."

"Consider this my last wish in this world." he uttered, and she fell silent with shock, tears welling up because she couldn't refuse such a request.

"It will end in tears. I can feel it." she said as tears rolled down freely.

"I can feel it will end with a smile." He remained optimistic, holding her hand and planting a loving kiss on her palm. "You will honour my wish, won't you?"

She stayed silent, her eyes going up to which she saw her father listening to their conversation. He sent her a brief smile and nodded in support of Anand, understanding that her happiness was intertwined with his. All he wished for was to ensure her joy and leave her in the care of someone he could trust before he departed the world.

"Okay!" she agreed, since her father was in approval. "Let's seek a counsellor's advice and see where it will take us."

The End! Thank you. You made me change the whole ending, but😀, never mind.