7- Funerals And Foxes

Word Count: 1430

I hid behind a tree, still wet from my swim in the lake.

"What took you so long?" Tommy demanded from the tree beside me.

"Sorry," I puffed, "I didn't want to be seen."

"Well, if we don't want to be seen then we'll best be going." Added Tubbo, and with that, we ran towards L'manburg.

-----

We stumbled through the brambles until we found the long oak path. We then started to walk.

"Thank you," I said as we strode along the path.

"I only have one question," Tubbo started, "How did you end up there?"

I explained to him that I had gotten lost in the storm last night and that I needed a place to rest, he only nodded. "You should be a bit more careful around this place." He said.

I couldn't agree more, I should have known this place was more of a hell hole then it looked from the outside. Every Rose has its thorns.

-----

We finally got to Tubbos house. It was small but cozy. He brought me towels and new clothes and I freshened up almost immediately.

Tommy and Tubbo sat down on a couch situated at the corner of the room and I sat with them.

"I was wondering," Tubbo started, "maybe we could have a meeting to figure out your living situation." I smiled at the idea, I didn't want to live with Philza.

Tommy cut in, "What if nobody wants her?"

I stared daggers at him but he didn't take notice, "I have a question, how come Tommy doesn't need supervision but I do, he seems to need it more than I do."

That comment earned me a glare from Tommy and a stuffed laugh from Tubbo. I only smiled, I knew that I had succeeded in annoying Tommy.

"Also, has Ghostbur gotten back yet?" I asked.

"He'll be fine." Tubbo answered, "Now, when should we hold the meeting for your... Arrival."

Tommy shrugged his shoulders and I did the same, "What about tomorrow?" I said.

Tubbo thought for a moment before he replied, "Maybe in two days so we can at least get the word out for the meeting."

I nodded and the door to Tubbos house swung open. A ghostly figure floated towards the couch. "Hello Ghostbur!" I said, he instantly brightened my mood. I didn't know what it was with him, but he just gave me a good feeling whenever I was around him.

"Hello Liliana!" He answered back with a smile. He stood beside the couch before looking at Tubbo and Tommy, "Oh, hello Tommy and Tubbo!".

"Hey, Ghostbur," Tubbo started, "did you come in here for a reason or just to say hi?"

"Oh, um... Oh yes I did actually!" Ghostbur thought for a second as if he had lost his train of thought, "I came over to see if you had any books I could read."

"I'm sorry but I don't think I do." Tubbo answered. Ghostbur's energetic mood seemed to dim a little.

"Here," Ghostbur said as he passed a book and quill over to Tubbo, "could you write me a story?" He asked with a pleading look in his eyes, it was hard to say no.

"Fine." Tubbo took the book and set it beside him on the couch, "I have a task for you Ghostbur," Ghostbur's head perked up and he started to focus a bit more, "I would like you to notify all of the citizens of L'manburg that there will be a meeting held in the middle of town in two days. I would also like to task you with building a new podium for the meeting."