Chapter 2

"Wake up," someone said harshly while snapping in Sybil's face.

Sybil groaned and started to open her eyes, in front of her she saw the hazy figure of the woman who ambushed her.

"Who are you?" Sybil asked, "And where am I?"

"We're the ones asking the questions, not you."

Sybil looked at the woman. She was around her age, with dark brown hair and eyes but... there was something off about her. Her eyes were glazed over and her face drained of color, she looked almost corpse-like.

"Valisia, calm down," said a familiar voice, as she walked into the room.

"Nadiya?" Sybil asked weakly, looking at the woman who practically raised her, "What's going on?"

"Don't worry, you're alright dove," Nadiya said, placing a cup in Sybil's hands.

Nadiya Romanova, the strongest widow beside her daughter Natalia, was Sybil's mentor and the closest thing she had to a mother. And now, after years of thinking Nadiya was dead, here she is standing in front of Sybil and holding her captive.

"I can't explain everything yet but I will eventually. Now, I need you to drink this."

Sybil looked at the hazy drink in her hands. It smelled smoky and sweet, but there was also an unpleasant chemical-like smell, like black tea mixed with chemicals.

  "What is it?" Sybil asked.

 "Something to stop the pain," Nadiya responded, "You need it."

 "I'm fine," Sybil responded, "She didn't hurt me too badly."

 "Not that pain," Nadiya said, putting her hand on Sybil's head, "The pain Hydra caused. Valisia stopped the mind control temporarily when she knocked you out but this is a permanent solution."

 "So this will free me?" she asked, looking down at the drink again.

 "It's a rather unpleasant taste but the tea should make it more bearable."

 Sybil nodded, took a deep breath, and drank it. It caused her to instantly feel dizzy and felt her eyes grow heavy again. She heard the cup hit the ground before everything went silent.