What if... Meggy was taken over by the Adware?

(The two art photos you see in this one-shot, are both done by u/nemesispax1456 on Reddit. So go follow him or her, idk the person gender.)

Ever since she escaped the simulation Meggy had kept hearing a voice in her head for the first day or 2 it had been giving her migraines but after the 2nd day the voice became more than a voice. Meggy would go unconscious muiltple times and when she would wake up she couldn't remember anything. When she would ask the voice it just told her "It's alright, nothing happened, just keep acting like yourself." At first Meggy was hesitant to believe the voice but after a week she would believe the voice. Almost if... she didn't have a choice... the only thing Meggy knew was is that she started hearing the voice after the simulation.

Flashback...

Wren: I was a Splatfest Champion...

Wren said as he remembered the good ol' days which he would hang out with everyone.

Wren: I had everything... I had the whole WORLD!

Wren said as he remembered how lost once and everyone didn't hang out with him anymore.

Wren: But then the world moved on without me... and I lost everything...

Wren said as he remembered it being a rainy day while sitting on the ground when a letter flew near him and when he opened it. It gave him a location so he walked to it and when he went inside Wren saw the giant tube.

Wren: And for a while... I was lost until one day this digital world was gifted to me...

Wren said as he remembered going into the tube with the things connecting to his body and making him wake up in the digital world.

Wren: A world where I'm always on top! Like a splatfest that would never end!

Wren said as he remembered killing people in the virtual world over and over again.

Wren: And as the last splatfest champion...

Wren said as he remembered get Meggy's beanie and giving it to the kids as we also see Meggy's memories.

Wren: I hoped maybe you'd want to join me.

Wren said as he saw Meggy crying and try to speak eventually she did.

Meggy: So... you are just a monster.

Meggy said as she wiped away her tears and pointed the pistol at Wren.

Meggy: This is going to end... NOW!!!

Wren: Come on Meggy...please don't shoot.

Wren said sarasticly as Meggy got angry.

Meggy: I CAN'T BELIEVE I TRUSTED YOU!!!

Meggy was about to shoot Wren... but Wren shot first as Meggy felt a bullet hit her. And that's when the voice went into her mind, albeit Meggy couldn't hear it but it was there as she saw Wren smile, dropped the pistol and started coughing up blood as it turned back into the wild west and Wren was hold the pistol.

Wren: Told you not to shoot.

Meggy: H-how??... H-how did you put us back into the simulation??

Meggy said as she coughed more blood with it going onto the floor as Wren laughed evilly.

Wren: Oh, Meggy! You never left.

Meggy trys to grab the pistol but can't due to the amount of blood loss.

Mario: MEGGYYYY!!!

Mario screamed outloud as Wren jumped down and walk towards the two as it switched to the wild west and the tube room.