Sweater Weather | Hangman

Prompt: "Would it be all right if I borrowed your sweater? It smells like you."

Summary: Jake is about to leave on a year long deployment and you aren't prepared for your boyfriend's departure.

Pairings: Jake Seresin x Reader

Note: This was apart of my 300 follower celebration on Tumblr so they are just blurbs. Requested by desert-fern

Word count: <400

"What time do you ship out again?" You call from the kitchen of Jake's apartment, cleaning the last of dishes from dinner

Tomorrow, your boyfriend of 6 months leaves on a year long deployment. The first you have seen and you are not ready for it.

"10, sweetheart." Jake calls from the living room, gathering his things and making sure they are in order.

"And you're gone for a whole year?" You ask moving to the doorway between the kitchen and living room.

"One year is gonna go by so fast sweetheart, you have no idea." Jake smiles up at you as he makes his way across the room.

"I'm just gonna miss you." You sigh as Jake pulls you close into a hug. You breathe in his scent, sandalwood, jet fuel, and 100% your Jake. "And the way you smell."

"I'm gonna miss you too." Jake chuckles out. "I'll call, write emails, and I'll even send letters."

"I know." You snuggle closer to his chest, trying to savor every last moment you can hold him this close. Suddenly you get an idea. "Would it be all right if I borrowed your sweater?"

"Why sweetheart?" Jake questions.

"It smells like you." You admit, face still buried in his torso.

"Sweetheart you can have anything you want. In fact, just stay here or hell, move in!" Jake suggests.

"Really?"

"I was gonna ask you anyways before the deployment came up but yea, sweetheart. " Jake smiles, turning your head to face him. "You're lease ends in 2 months. Go ahead and start moving in here. Make it our place, okay?"

"But if your not here for the move how is it our place?" You ask, sweetly.

"I will be around for every future memory we make here, you surprise me by adding a little of you to every room in this apartment okay? That'll keep you so busy you wont even know I'm gone."

"I'll know. I'll always notice." You reply, moving your face down again.

"I'll be back before you know it." Jake replies softly, kissing the top of your head. "Come on, lets get some sleep."