Episode 6: Quid Pro Woe

Beginne am Anfang

Wednesday was talking to him while you just stood there, deep in your thoughts. You thought you were listening to her but mostly you were listening to your mind.

Wednesday paused suddenly when someone walked in and cleared their throat. "Dr. Kinbott." Wednesday stood up, looking at her in disbelief.

"I haven't seen you two since our session with your families, which was... certainly one I wouldn't forget." You looked at her, she was holding some flowers. "How very." You remembered that day.

"How are things going with them for you both?" She asked, Wednesday looked at her. "My mother and I spent some quality time together." She looked at you. "My mother knows something that I don't know of, and she won't be telling me anytime sooner." You just confessed, not even looking at them but your eyes was on Eugene, but you weren't staring at him, more like you were just zoning out.

"We got our hands dirty." Wednesday said, "gardening?" She guessed, "grave-digging." You said.

She hummed in slight fear, "and we managed to keep my father out of prison." Wednesday continued on, "what brings you here?" She questioned.

"Eugene's moms, I'm working with them. Trauma like this leaves emotional scars on the whole family." She went ahead and out the flowers in the vase. "They had to head home for a few days, so I promised I'd check in on him." She explained.

You just walked to Wednesday in silence, she nodded. "We'll leave you to it." She said, walking to the exit while you followed.

"Who's Goody?" Wednesday paused, turning back at her, and she had one of the most uncomforting smile on her damn face.

"A distance cousin, extremely distance." You answer, and giving more information. "Sounds like she doesn't see you for who you really are." She said to Wednesday.

"She sees more than you know." She turned back at her. "I want to assure you I remain as cold and heartless as the first day we met." "I doubt a cold, heartless person would be sitting by her friend's bedside feeling guilt for his condition."

"We never asked for a free goddamn session." You stepped closer to her, "considered it as my birthday gift to you both." She chuckled wickedly in some ways. "Stay away from us." Wednesday took your hand and walked out of the room, leaving her alone.

...

Honestly, you weren't feeling your best. Being on your birthday didn't make it better either. You sat at the Weathervane while Wednesday was reading a book, you sat the opposite side of her, staring outside the window into nothing.

You most definitely didn't seem like yourself, and that something was on your mind. Wednesday could tell, but she didn't want to ask.

A cup of coffee with the word 'Happy Birthday' made its way to you, another one to Wednesday. "I know Wednesday you are usually a quad kind of girl, but I've been working on that all week." He said, sitting next to you.

You looked at it and took it on your hands. "Thanks."

Wednesday look at the drink. "Birthday, yes. Happy, never." Wednesday replied, putting her book down. "Did Thing told everybody?" You sighed, looking at the coffee while resting your head on your hand.

"Well, who do you think delivered the cake?" The two girls paused and looked at him, "yeah, I went with the 98% dark chocolate ganache knowing you two's... preferred color palette." "How thoughtful of you." You replied with a simple smile.