Episode 5: You Reap What You Woe

"Hello Mother," Wednesday spoke

...
"Hello Mother," Wednesday spoke.

Morticia turned, "Hello, Wednesday and Y/n." She replied.

You both walked down the stairs, "so you two are Nightshades." She guessed, "that didn't take long." She said.

"Actually we rejected them." "Why? Because me and Y/n's mother was a member?" She questioned.

"I don't want to become my mother, so why try." You said, standing a bit behind Wednesday. "We win the Poe Cup, you and Y/n's mother claimed it for times. I join the fencing team, you captained it. Y/n joined art studies and her mother is one of the top artists." Wednesday listed.

"Why would you both send us somewhere we could only exist in both of your shadows?" Wednesday questioned.

"It's not a competition, dears." Your mother spoke from behind. You quickly turned to the stairs, your mother waking down to you three.

"Everything is a competition, mother." You spoke, looking at her.

"But mostly I rejected them because they're a trivial social club." Wednesday explained, "we use to be so much more." Morticia said, your mother touching your shoulders when she walked by as you flinched at the sudden action. Your mother stood next to Morticia.

"Our mission was to protect outcasts from harm and bigotry. In fact, the group was started by two ancestors of both your father from Mexico." Your mother confessed, you looked at her.

"One of the first settlers in America." Morticia continued, "Goody and Paityn." Wednesday guessed. They looked at you both in confusion. "We saw Paityn's painting at Pilgrim World." Wednesday explained, you nodded.

"Oh." Morticia said, holding in her tears. "How ironic, since she was the one who killed Joseph Crackstone. Goody was by her side as well during that, but she didn't attack." Your mother said, you quickly raised a brow.

"The Nightshades were her secret, but deadly, answer to his oppression." Morticia said, "we know why you've come here, Wednesday, Y/n." She confessed.

"So go on, ask." Your mother said. "Wednesday's Father didn't kill Garrett Gates, did he?" You asked, they both stayed silent for a second.

"No." Morticia answered. "By the time I made it up the stairs, I found your father along with Y/n's parents, fighting for their life. It was terrifying. I'll never forget the way he looked at me. He was even foaming at the mouth." You frown but also questioned in your head.

Why would he foam? It shouldn't happen normally.

"It was like I was staring into the eyes of a rabid beast. It was only when I heard the screams that I realized what I'd done. Your fathers were so...calm and brave. Your father took the blame in order to protect me. Y/n's father couldn't, so he tried to share the blame, but failed sadly." She explained.