I shake my head in disgust, "That woman has been trying to tear us apart for months. And she succeeded once. I'm not letting it happen again."

She nods and looks down and away, "I'm sorry Emerson."

I glare at her, "You aren't sorry. You're only sorry you got caught."

"So who told you? Davis? He really is like a loyal dog isn't he?"

"Christian. Christian told me."

"Does he know you're acting all tough right now?"

My smirk returns and I arch an eyebrow at her, "Of course he knows."

"Only because you don't want to be punished."

I lean in so only she can hear me, "I'm not his sub Violet. I'm his girlfriend. Learn the difference."

"He doesn't date."

"Then find yourself another dom if that's what you're looking for," I sneer.

She smirks, knowing she's gotten under my skin, "Does it scare you that I want a dom and deep down you know he wants a sub?"

I laugh, "Oh please Violet, you don't intimidate me. You might have, for a few days but that's over. If he wanted you he would have slept with you. Christian doesn't play around like that."

She smirks, "Well I'll have pleanty of chances, I've always wanted someone to screw me over a desk," she says pointedly.

"Careful, I might fire you before you even start your job."

She frowns and her eyes grow wide, "What?"

"Oh, Christian didn't tell you the news?"

She shakes her head slowly and I say, "Well we haven't decided where to put you yet but you might end up over at EmaVee."

She gulps, "EmaVee Records?"

I shake my head and stand up straight, smirking down at her, "EmaVee Publishing. I'm your new boss. Well, not yet but as soon as possible."

Violet shakes her head, "No. No way. You're bluffing."

I smirk, "No, I'm really not. You see Christian was going to fire you after your little stunt on Friday but I was nice enough to offer to take you on under my own thumb. This way, you can still pay the bills, make something of yourself, please your family, and stay the hell away from my boyfriend. Oh, and if you behave while you're here, I might just be nice enough to convince him to let you work with Matea. Got it?"

She smirks, "But then you won't be my boss. She will."

"And if you step out of line Christian can fire you anyway."

"Everything alright up here?" I hear Christian ask.

I turn and smile, "Of course."

He gives me a knowing look and walks toward me, handing me my cup of coffee, "Good."

She looks at Christian, "Are you really moving me across the street?"

He raises an eyebrow and nods, "Yes. I think it's best for all of us. We don't want any problems now do we? Besides, Emerson is more than happy to make room for you at EmaVee. It is afterall, her company."

"I thought she was just the Vice President?"

Christian shakes his head, "No. The paperwork went through last night."

Her jaw drops, "That was your mom's company and you're handing it off to some girl you're dating?"

His gaze hardens, "I gave it to the girl I love because she knew my mother and my mother died protecting us both. Now if you step out of line again I will have you removed from the building. Understood Miss. Sanders?"