Chapter V: Test of Worthiness🔞

Date: 05

Date: 05.01.2567
Location: Philippines Sea, Pacific Ocean

Y/N's POV

It has been three weeks since we went underway on board the IJN Yamato, everything was going smoothly and everyone was doing their part on the ship including myself operating the radio ensuring all communications were in working order.

When it was time for my lunch, I left my post for another fellow sailor to take over while I ate chow, while heading to the mess deck I overheard whispers of reports of a USO spotted last night.

Anyway, I made my way into the mess deck, and sure enough the food smelt delicious as always as the Vampire Sisterhood knows how to cook exceptional food as they experimented with many flavors and foods in the past centuries.

Today's menu was the classic dish Budae Jjigae, I grabbed a tray made myself a bowl of the food, and sat alone on a table.

"Hey, you heard about Vice Admiral Miyawaki during the Civil War and she got demoted?" I overheard one of the sailors ask.

"Yeah, she got an Article Fifteen and even a demotion, ever since she took on the Separatists 5th Fleet alone. Lost many good friends back there..." He explained and he nodded.

Hearing their conversation, I puzzled it together and realized why Sakura is so strict because she's being a hardass to hide the pain and guilt. I'd be no different if I was in her position but I guess it's none of my business.

"Hey, your new one, aren't ya?" One of the sailors asked and I turned to them.

"Yeah, Seaman Hirai Y/N," I introduced myself.

"My name is Felix Lee, Petty Officer 1st Class, I'm one of the engine mechanics," He introduced himself.

"Curious, if you mind me asking, what was the story of the CO?" I asked and he deeply sighed.

"Well, I was there during the Battle of the Solomon Islands, Vice Admiral or former Admiral Miyawaki was ordered to retreat but she decided to be a hardass and wanted to hold the line and she believed that reinforcements would arrive... It was a blood bath, lost many friends, and we only survived because the Separatist fleet didn't have time to block all exits." Felix explained before drinking a sip of his coffee.

"And what happened then?" I asked and he scoffed.

"She got an article fifteen and demotion but you wanna know the best part? Captain Naoi Rei was the one who wrote her up and you can guess how well she took it," He answered and I was appalled.

After that, I thanked Felix for the information and finished eating chow, I went back to my post and resumed duties for the day.

However, I failed to realize how much time had passed as I felt a tap on my shoulder and I saw the overnight sailor informing me my shift was over and head to bed.