"I know and I'm sorry. I will especially since she was holding a grudge for no reason now." He hummed and Tayla picked up her sandwich taking a bite of it. "Mm, I should've asked you get some pickles for me."

Chris paused his actions and looked at her with a blank expression on his face causing Tayla to laugh out loud.

"What?"

"Tay... you don't even like fucking pickles."

"Pickles are so good,"

"Who speaking? You or the baby?" He asked genuinely making her stare at him blankly. "Shit, I'm just saying. I known you for years like the back of my hand and I know you hate pickles. The texture and the taste but now all of the sudden you wishing I got you some? I'm buying you a test,"

"No. You're wasting your money,"

"I'm buying you every brand there is. Baby, you just gone have to accept this and let it happen. I know it feels weird to you but once we get confirmation and shit that there actually is a growing human right now, reality finna hit."

"What if something goes wrong?" She bit her lip thinking about all the what ifs that could take place if they don't be cautious. Her doctor already explained all the bad things that could happen when she was pregnant with their first.

Having a stillborn, miscarriage, the baby coming out not so healthy, Tayla dying while giving birth - a lot was at play with them having kids.

"Don't stress and I'ma make sure you don't. No work, no drama, just bed rest and all."

"You know I can't go on bed rest. I hated it with Ayla."

"I understand but I'm not risking you or our future unborns life. Sorry," He shrugged. He'd rather have her relaxing for nine months than up stressing herself out over work. He had the money to make sure they'll never worry about shit and she knew that.

In fact, he didn't have to work if she turned out to be pregnant. He'd go on leave himself just to be by her and who was going to stop him?

He was the boss.

Tayla sighed grabbed another fry, eating it. "You busy tonight?"

"Why? You trying to hit me up for a booty call?" He smirked.

"Akikiki. No, I'm taking her to go see her great grandparents and wanted to know if you wanted to join. You know my grandfather loves you,"

"Even after?" He asked raising an eyebrow. Tayla's grandfather used to be a gang member and he definitely knew how to shoot a gun so Chris was a little scared. Especially since he was very protective of Tayla considering her father wasn't present her whole life.

"They always ask about you. I've been teaching people to put they feelings to the side when it comes to you and our business."

"Appreciate it. But nah, I don't have anything to do. I was just going to go home, eat dinner, call my daughter and tell her goodnight, and then maybe hit up this bad ass bitch I know to see if she want me to slide." Tayla raised her eyebrow and looked up at him seeing him in staring at nothing in particular.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. But she got this five year old daughter and shit and I don't wanna wake her up," Tayla sucked her teeth and tossed a pen at him making him laugh. "I'm fucking with you but yeah, I'll come if I'm welcomed. I don't have plans tonight and in fact, I wanted to spend the night with y'all anyways."