XX: Sweet Dreams

re·kin·dle :

"venus has flooded me, second planet from the sun. I wake up on her foamy shore,

she wants to take me to meet my children. I've done this before but i'm still nervous"

_ _ _

"Are you really there?" Tayla whispered to her stomach, her hands hovering over it. She couldn't phantom the thought of being pregnant just... naturally like that but like Chris said, this could be their miracle baby.

She was hesitant on getting a pregnancy test. Afraid everyone's hopes might be up again and then disappointed when it came back negative. But she was trying her hardest to muster up any confidence and go for it.

She was opposed to having another baby. In fact, before she found out she had issues with making one, she always dreamed of having a big family since not having one growing up and being the only child. Four kids at the most but realistically, probably not. So deep down inside, she did want her only daughter to have a sibling.

"If you are there...you better be a girl and look like me. I can't take another Chris Brown lookalike," She whispered making herself chuckle.

"Who you talking to?" Chris asked walking into her office with a bag of food from her favorite cafe. Her eyes brightened at the sight, feeling her stomach growl. He placed the food down on her desk and started unloading the bag.

"Nobody...just thinking about how busy I am." She lied, "What you get me?"

"I got your favorite avocado BLT sandwich with a side of fries plus a lemonade to wash it all down." Her mouth started watering just imagining taking her first bite. Tayla thanked him and grabbed her food moving all her paperwork to the side.

Her eyes flickered to his food as a frown made it's way on her face.

"Wait, what you get?"

"A burger." Chris snickered taking a seat in the chair in front of her desk. "You not about to start this stealing my food shit, bro."

"But it looks good," She pouted staring at his food making him laugh.

"I'm not sharing, Tay, so drop it."

"Fake," She mumbled making Chris snort and take a bite of his burger. Tayla popped a french fry in her mouth almost moaning at the taste of the potato and salt mixture followed by a crunch. Chris snickered at her reaction knowing how much she liked food especially something she always gets.

They decided on spending lunch together today to talk business since Tayla wasn't in the office at the label but that was really Chris's excuse, he just wanted to see her and Tayla didn't mind.

"Did you see Symphani out there on your way up?"

"Nah," He sighed and not that he was looking for her either. "Why? You need her for something?"

"Not necessarily. We just haven't been hanging out or talking since I told her about you and I working together and stuff. I'm just ready to squash this one sided beef between y'all... it's tiring and I don't need it."

"Well, make sure to put your friend in her place. I'm so over the attitude with her over and over, shit been going on for a whole decade," Chris spoke frustrated. Tayla nodded sighing.