"Wonderful things."

"Well, gentleman, we're going to go look at some of the pieces. I'll catch up with you later." Ambrose nods, directing us away.

"It was a pleasure," I conclude with a nod.

He strolls us through the crowds, my arm looped with his. I can hear the pianos and violins play amongst all the passing chatter.

"Interesting friends you've got," I murmur.

"They can be a bit crass, but they're harmless." He assures. "And they're not my friends."

"No?"

"They're just in relation to my father's business."

"Which is your business." I correct.

"Eventually, but not right now."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, the family business was never exactly my priority growing up. I was too preoccupied in my early twenties."

"Doing what?"

"Traveling...partying." He grins in guilt.

I widen my eyes.

"Your father just let you go do that? Wasn't he more concerned about the future of the business?"

"I'm the second of four children." He adds. "My older brother has been living in my father's footsteps since he could walk. My younger sister is also very dedicated to it all. The legacy becomes a little more relaxed with four kids if at least one child stands out." He shrugs.

"So, none of this means anything to you?"

**

"No, darling." He laughs. "It means everything to me. Don't get me wrong, I may have had more of a relaxed lifestyle than my siblings, but I'm still my father's son. I've also been learning about the business since I was a child. I know all the ins and outs."

"Doesn't seem like it if you spent your twenties drinking on daddy's yacht," I smirk.

"Ouch." He laughs and stops us from walking, turning to me. "Yes, I was very fortunate growing up. But now, I'm hunkered down and ready to start the rest of my life and create my own legacy."

His eyes trace me up and down through the mask.

The piano singles out through the room as I stare into Ambrose's silver eyes. My stomach turns when I remember he will start a legacy with me. That legacy will include marriage, children, and an endless world of danger. He's my future whether I want it or not.

And then, I recognize the melody of the piano. It isn't until my brain starts reciting the lyrics that I realize I know this song.

Hot summer nights, mid-July
When you and I were forever wild
The crazy days, city lights
The way you'd play with me like a child

My heart stops, a pressure aching my throat as the song becomes immediately prevalent in my mind. I blink my eyes away from Ambrose, turning my head to the left to focus my hearing. Once I realize I'm not crazy, I swallow.

"What's wrong?" Ambrose asks.

I shake my head, the hairs on my arms standing up.

"May you excuse me...for just a moment." I pace away without a response.

My hands nearly shake as I follow the music through the building. It's a single piano, not one accompanying instrument. It's classical, very soft and gentle in starting, but slowly becoming layered and emotional. I feel my heart rate pick up, my legs getting faster and faster as I peruse the echoing museum. My throat is dry, and there's a beating in my head that won't go away. Passing room after room, art piece after art piece, my ears lead the way. It gets louder while my heels quicken.