Chapter Two

As Shrub opened her eyes she smelled the awfully bitter smell of smoke. Standing up she took in her surroundings, seeing lava and monsters everywhere. Pulling out her axe, Shrub walked around cautiously.

She found what looked to be a few trees along the way, chopping them down to hopefully make a shelter, so the monsters wouldn't kill her the moment she fell asleep.

Adjusting her hat, it looked like one of the giant mushrooms that grew in her village. She used it to block out the sun whilst she worked in the fields.

Shrub walked until she found a place mostly free of lava, but woth some sort of weird sand that made her slow down significantly. One thing she realized quickly there was no day or night cycle in this netherish nightmare.

When she finally finished what she wanted  to call a home, but with all that she tried couldn't. This was by far her worst birthday, although she was finally a teenager now. She was 113.

Shrub tried to live as best as she could , but she would now she usually slept up to 5 hours a day, waking up in fits and starts. The main causes of these would be that the smoke was so heavy she would burst out coughing, choking her into waking up. The other main reason was that she was now petrified of the idea that Xornoth would try to finish the job.

After 2 long years spent in fear, Shrub finally found a way out of this hell. She found a flint and steel and made a new portal. Obsidian is somewhat hard to find due to there being no water in this place that she now knew as the nether, but she did it. She made a new portal.

She didn't know where it would take her, but anywhere was better than there. So again she took everything she could carry and leapt through.

A/n: Thank you so much for reading this if anyone does ask I got my inspo from a nature wives fic called 'The Wolf Mother and Her Demon Son' on AO3 by missdizzydahila. I think i misspelled that, but its fine. I copy all of this from paper that I write in school bc they think i just like writing.