The New Ninja of Old Fuckers -106-

Mulai dari awal

Cole squinted, shaking it off. He'd figure it out eventually. This team could never keep secrets for long.

Walking to the computers, things were getting heated with Kai and Jay. Soon to be literally.

"You're acting like you're the only one who misses her!. We all do. But at least the rest of us are trying to help. Instead of being mopey and useless!" Kai pushed Jay back, spitting at him.

Pushing back, Jay scoffed. "You came to me. I didn't ask to be here!"

Stepping between them you sighed. "We don't need this to get worse. Maybe take a break."

"What's a break gonna do? We know all there is to know. The vengestone would be spotted if it were being moved by air or through the known tunnel system...?"

Cole smiled, crossing his arms. "Got an idea?"

Rolling his eyes, Kai exhaled, "or you just totally lost it?"

"I.. might have something.. Zane, can you pull up a map if the subway tunnels below the city?"

Jay was onto something alright.

▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭

"Smells like shit down here. We know the vengestone isn't going by subway, so why are we here, in the subway?" Kai asked, clipping his sai into his belt.

Flicking on his flashlight, Jay shook his head. "Not any active lines, or Serpentine routes, but this one is totally abandoned. The N line was shut down years ago."

Zane's eyes flicked brighter, causing spots in your vision. "According to zoning plans filed with the city, the N line was never completed."

You were finally catching on. "The city never completed the subway tunnel, but what if someone else finished it..!"

Eventually, a soft, white light came into view. And then a brick wall. "This is the end of the tunnel... obviously."

You chuckled, trying to show Cole that you were at least listening. Maybe dissolve some of the group tension as well.

"It's just a brick wall, but maybe it's not the end." Jay announced, running up to the wall.

You glanced at all the graffiti on the red cinder block. "Some of these are cool. But this one just straight up says Beans."

The cart behind you suddenly shook, causing Lloyd to jump, he was too cute sometimes.

Cole walked over, flipping the white tarp off the top. Inside, a guy laid on top of a bunch of vengestone. He prodded at the guy with his hammer, but he only limply shook. Reaching a hand out, he quickly brought it back to his chest in shock. "He's- he's not breathing. He's cold."

Staring at the corpse, a shiver ran down your spine. He was dead. Who would kill a simple delivery man? Not a simple delivery man though. They probably had a motive, he probably knew too much.

"HEY HEY!" Great. Erin was here. Did she murder him?! "Look what I'm looking at! The real-deal Ninja! I was expecting you knuckleheads at the truck yards. But all I got was some multi-colored phonies! They even stole your color Purple.. Pink.. whatever color that is.. Ninja."

You sighed, flipping your sword in your hand. "You know my name, can we get on with this already?" Did they really steal your color?

Rolling her eyes, Miss Demeanor shrugged. "Guess so. I'm ready to party, party poopers."

Kai began laughing. "Gonna be a real short party if you wore something flammable. Since you're battling the Master of FIYAHH!" For such a big talk, it was almost disappointing when only a small puff of heat came out.