Chapter 9 👙

"You ready?" I approach Wren five minutes before the comp starts.

"I am not competing." She says with an annoyed look on her face.

"What? Why." I sit next to her on the sand.

"Because your sister is a bitch and Elo things that my foot is really bad and didn't let me compete." The girl explains and I sigh.

"Shit, I am really sorry."

"You don't have to apologise." She sends me a sad smile. "Sooo...."

"What?" She smirks.

"Whats up with you and Bax?"

"Nothing."

"Sure" She gigles.

"I am serious, nothing is going on we are just friends."

"So friends cuddle all night?" She nudges my arm and I roll my eyes in annoyence.

Then thank god Elo saves me and we both get up and form a circle with the rest of the group

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Then thank god Elo saves me and we both get up and form a circle with the rest of the group.

"Gang, why do I get the feeling that you're all getting distracted?" She starts and we all look down. "Listen, this our last chance before Nationals to see some of your interstate rivals inaction, yeah?" I nod and then Baxter speaks and all of our heads snap at his direction.

"Yeah. Spoiler alert. They're better than you guys." I chuckle at his words and he sents me a wink.

Elo is not faced by his words and continues talking.

"And not to mention all the big sponsors are here watching. So every comp, every heat is an opportunity." I can see that something is bothering Bodhi when she hears Elo's words and I try to catch her attention but fail. "Don't waste it." Elo finishes when a siren blares indicating the start of the competition.

"Alright, let's go, let's do this!" Everyone cheers and leaves to prepare.

First the boys start and I cheer when I see Bax take the first wave and earn a look from Wren which I ignore.

"Heat 1 of the Under-18 Boys and we are frothing!" The announcers says. Baxter lands the wave perfectly and I smile widly. "Levins, in yellow, the charger from Cronulla finds his line. Oh! How is this kid still getting better?!" My smile drops at his words and I look at Wren who has a similar expression on her face. Our boys may be good but this guy is something else. I shake the stress of me and find my smile again. We will be great!

"And Bax Radic wants a piece of the action." Me and Wren hold hands and squeal as Bax starts to paddle. "Big layback snap!" The announcer shouts and he cheer. "Sousa and Temple just being outgunned right now. Levins and Radic through to the quarters..."

We get back to tent and i grab a water. I try to find somewhere to sit and I find a spot near some trees. I am sipping on  my water when I fell someone sit beside me. I snap my head at the left and smile when I see the person smiling  back at me. We don't say anything just sit there in silence.