Creeps don't like Comics -104-

Start from the beginning

The owner shrugged from beside you. "Apparently there's guys outside, creeps. Ninjago City is a scary fuckin' place for ladies like 'er. Even in broad daylight apparently."

You nodded, as your stomach lurched. It set in how terrifying this was. You didn't even trust yourself to speak.

Lloyd stood on his toes, looking over the tall shelfs. He sighed, "I'll take care of this.." He turned to the owner, pointing at you. "Make sure she stays safe."

You could probably take care of them yourself, but you were not about to make a whole commotion and get the attention of the heroes down the block. Also they were harassing you, not Lloyd. It just made you feel better.

Sinking down beside a shelf (careful to not bump the comics), you sighed, digging through your bag. "So. Mother Doomsday? Some name." At least you could try to make the situation light hearted.

"Hah, nahh.. just a silly name kids came up with when I first opened this place. Real name is Rufus McCallister. Friends call me Rufus." He nodded, with a laugh.

You chuckled back, smiling. "Y/n. Y/n L/n,
...Friends just call me Y/n. Lloyd has mentioned you a few times. He likes working here, makes him feel useful again."

Sitting beside you, the older man nodded. "Lloyd used to come here as a kid, I wish he hadn't had to have gone through what he had.. but I feel like he was meant to. He talks about you a lot as well. This kid.. oh, he is- he's in love with you. He speaks as if you were the goddess of beauty.. even though I know he doesn't believe in polytheism... Anyways, I'm glad to meet the lucky girl who this guy has lucked out on."

The corners of your mouth twitched into the smile. You knew you were lucky. Before you knew it, the bell on the door rang, and Lloyd walked to the back.

Rubbing a black spot under his nose, he held a hand out to you. "They won't bother anyone, anytime soon."

Taking his offer, you stood up, and immediately grabbed his face. Turning it, you checked for any injuries past his bleeding nose. Thankfully, he was fine.

He pulled you off, shaking his head. "You're ridiculous." He glanced at Rufus, and nodded, thanking him for being understanding. "Do you have my medicine? It'd be great to get back to work before my shift is over.'

A soft laugh escaping you, you began digging through your bag, finding the tiny Ziploc bag. Grabbing the flaking skin put, you handed it to Lloyd.

Opening his mouth, he pushed it inside, and swallowed. "Much better than drinking it." He tilted his head in a lopsided grin.

Rufus laughed, groaning as he stood up. "I'll leave you both to it. Your shift ends in 10 minutes anyways, so get off early and go buy the girl a coffee or something." He smiled, walking to the front counter where a costumer was waiting to check out. He waved, and began flipping through the merchandise.

Running to the back room, Lloyd came back with his usual green hoodie instead of his employee outfit. "Ready to go?"

You laughed, taking his hand. "Sure, where to?"

"I'm not sure, do you have anything in min-"

Watching him fall to the floor was like slow motion. Black ooze began spilling out of his nose. Fuck.

Quickly falling to your knees beside him, you propped his head sideways on your legs, and dialed Wu. Rufus began filing customers out and ran over with a first-aid kit, available to help however he could.

"Y/n?" Wu finally answered

Taking deep breaths, you watched Lloyd twitch sporadically. "Lloyd suddenly passed out and has that black shit coming out of his nose. I just gave him the skin but it still looks really bad. He keeps tensing up, it's like how he was like.. I don't know.. half a year ago when he was unconscious the first time. We're in the middle of the comic store and I'm not sure what to do."

Wu's breath heaved, and you could hear him chewing on the side of his cheek. "Right. I'll be there in a second. It's getting worse by the day now.. I think we'll have to do it."

"Do what?!" You asked, watching Rufus wipe the black blood away.

Over the phone, you could hear Wu locking the door, and begin running along the street. "We'll have to get the team back together to help."

"Like- like Cole and Zane? What would we even do? How do we even stop this?"

Panting, Wu took a break from speaking, as he continued running. He coughed, and began talking, "I have an idea, but we need all of the team to help out. All of them."

-------------
Realized I released the chapter on Thursday night, not Friday night, so new chapter :D (first episode of crystalized is next, this Wednesday!!)