The Youngling

I woke up by a harsh tap. Waking up, I saw Grace hovering above my face. The sunlight in the room was blinding.
I stood straight, still sitting on the floor. Grace and Ann were the only ones up. Ann was also busy waking her roommates.

  " Let's go before they start looking for us back in the room".  Grace said.

      I stood up quietly with the help of Grace. I cleaned the dusts off my clothes. I haven't taken a bath since yesterday morning and I was starting to get irritated with my body.

  " See you later Ann". Grace said as we left the room.

        As soon as Grace shut the door, she let out a breath.

    " What? Where you scared?"  I asked.

    " No, it's not that. It's just.. mtchew. Just forget it".  She sighed.

        Trusting Grace knew the way back to our rooms, I followed closely behind her, trying to memorize every corner. I didn't want to leave the room and not know the way back.

   " Left....right ..right...left.....".  I tried to memorize in my head.

   " So when I go out is left going to be right or is it going to be the same right?  Wait what?  Did I confuse myself? "   I was so confused that I hadn't noticed when Grace stopped and that led me to bump into her.

    " Sorry".  I apologized.

      She didn't reply. She just stood in front of the door hesitantly. It took a few seconds before she opened the door.
      When she finally did l, I was hit by the sunlight in the room. Ann's room wasn't as bright as ours. I bet we have more windows than they had or they just liked some of their windows shut at times .  Grace didn't utter a word and left to the bathroom immediately. She didn't talk to anyone. Meanwhile, I observed everyone closely.

     It seemed like they weren't left out of the horror of the night. Priya was clinging to Mary, hugging her so tightly. Mary was awake but Priya was fast asleep. My girl from earlier was no where to be found. My only guess was she was in the bathroom. I wonder if she finally spoke.

   "  Where were you both last night?"  Mary asked in a stern voice. She sounded so much like a mother.

     " Uhhm.... We were at the other girls room."

   "  Did you feel what happened last night?"

    " Yes. I think everyone in the building did. How did you three cope?"  I asked, going to my bedside to get my clothes and toiletries.

   " Miss Snub was deep in her prayers. Priya was at the point of passing out of fear before I held her hands. We prayed together."

" One day I am going to give that girl a piece of my mind. She was so selfish. She even refused to hold hands for Priya's sake, knowing fully well that she was going to pass out soon. I pleaded so hard with her but all she did was ignore me. Such cold heart. I feel like wishing her death."   Mary continued in a cracked tone with tears peaking out her eyes in anger.

      The way Mary sounded, I could have imagined a scenario like that.

   We had a town's girl who was as wicked as Mary portrayed my girl from earlier. Her name was Swiley. She was rich and wicked. She never gave a penny to anyone who asked. She claimed self righteous but was very stingy, selfish and a bit of a sadist. Father always said that nemesis would catch up with such people. I would also hope that for my girl of earlier well, unless she changes.