Awakings -100-

Beginne am Anfang

And then he flinched.

As you looked up, his scrunched face slowly relaxed, and he began convulsing, and coughing. Bringing the bucket by his mouth, you guided him to coughing, and throwing up the black ooze into the bucket.

Rubbing his back, you felt him shiver in pain. Taking the cloth around your wrist off, you fashioned it into a hair tie, and tied up his hair.

Taking a break from coughing up the blackness, he turned his head to look at you, his face turned from being in pain, to relief, to confusion. "..Y/n?" His voice was hoarse, and some more black dripped from his lips.

Grabbing a tissue from his nightstand, you began wiping around his mouth. "Yep, I'm here..."

He grabbed your arm, looking up at you. "Why- why are you here..? Why did you come back after I left you...?" The whites of his eyes were red and irritated as he glanced around, trying to figure out what happened.

"KoKo asked for help, and me and Wu got you that help. You think I would leave you forever?" You asked, throwing the tissue into the bucket. You would call Wu and KoKo in eventually, but you deserved a moment alone.

He let go of your wrist, and reached behind your neck, touching your hair. "Your hair is longer.." He rubbed an end between his fingers. "Why is there-" he glanced at his fingertips, "why is there sand in your- in your hair?"

Pursing your lips, you sighed. "Wu and I went on some adventure to heal you. You better be thankful."

Lloyd looked away, spitting a bit into the bucket. "I am.. and- and I'm sorry I left. I made a mistake and I never meant to hurt you-"

"Hey.. hey it's alright." You mumbled, grabbing his cheek and turning his head back towards you. "You need time to grieve, and I'm not going to deny you that need. We've been through a lot, and with Nya.. gone.. I've come to realize everyone just has a different way of coping."

Reaching up to your face, Lloyd's fingers flinched. "What happened to your face..?"

Grabbing your face, you panicked. You had thought the bruise had gone away by now. He could still tell based on the littlest mark? "It doesn't matter. Let me get Wu and KoKo so we can all talk-"

Going to stand up, you began walking when Lloyd grabbed your wrist, almost sliding off the bed. Whipping your head back, you sighed at his expression. He wouldn't take any excuses, would he? "It's nothing, we'll talk about it after the others talk to you for a bit."

Sliding his hand off, you opened the door, glancing to the sofa. "Lloyd's awake."

Wu and KoKo looked back, their eyes both widened. Rushing to their feet, they ran past you and into the room. KoKo sat, sobbing as she hugged Lloyd, while Wu studied the black ooze.

Lloyd hugged KoKo back, before leaning out of the hug. "Will someone explain what is happening..? I was just putting away laundry- and now I'm here, puking up.. whatever that is. Why are you two both covered in sand..? Why is there.. blood.. stains.. on your pants?"

Glancing down, you realized you probably should've changed out of your nice sweatpants before going to the First Realm. They still had the reddish stains in them, though better after Faith had helped you. "We'll answer your questions after you get something to eat. It's been days since you last had anything to drink or eat."

KoKo stood up quickly, "I'll warm up the takeout!" She quickly exited the room. She was reacting pretty well, compared to everything that just happened.

Now that KoKo was gone, Wu grabbed a stool from the living room, and pulled it into Lloyd's room. "We can explain if you'd like... as best we can at least."