Return to the First Realm -99-

Start from the beginning

Since it was flat, it felt so fast as soon as Chew Toy began driving. Honestly, you were shocked they trusted him to drive. "Good thingie da camp be at Firstbourne's lair!"

Really? They really were Dragon Protectors, huh. Symbiotic relationship if you had ever seen one.

Driving over a big stone bridge which crossed a canyon, the shape of a volcano began to appear, becoming large and larger. Gray and beige buildings and tents were scattered along the bottom. The smaller specks in the front slowly turned into a large group of people, staring at the incoming vehicle.

Holding onto the net, you braced for impact as Chew Toy seemed to have no care on slowing down. The vehicle suddenly lurched forward, causing you to almost fall on your face. That would've been embarrassing.

Climbing out of the vehicle. You scanned the crowd for any other familiar faces. Seemed like the clan had grown since you left. The crowd parted as someone wearing a heavy mask and wooden hat strode through. Heavy Metal.

Taking her mask off, Faith handed it to the person behind her (seemed like Jet-Jack from where you were standing). She smiled, walking up to you and Wu. "So, the Ninja have returned." Holding out a hand to you, she laughed. "I hope everything is going well."

Shaking her hand, she brought you in for a hug. Sighing, you watched as she eyed Wu up and down. "Things.. could definitely be much better."

She nodded, biting her cheek. "Who are you...?- Son of the Spinjitzu Master?"

Laughing, Wu brought her in for a hug. "Finally back to my normal age. It was weird being a teenager again."

"So, what are you back for?" She asked, guiding you into the camp. "Evil in Ninjago? Sickness spreading?"

Pressing your lips together, you shook your head. "It's a whole thing, but Nya -Kai's sister- sacrificed herself for all of Ninjago. Now the team is disbanded, and I wasn't sure if we would ever see each other again. That was, until I found that my boyfriend had been unconscious for a few days because his Oni side is literally killing him."

The camp was full of kids and adults playing and having fun while dragons sat in big open areas, enjoying being brushed or fed. This was so different compared to the Dragon Hunters you knew.

"I'm so sorry for Ny-yuh.... Wait- your boyfriend is Oni? How can you trust him? The Oni destroyed our home, and your's as well! How can you trus-"

Wu put a hand in front of Faith, trying to get her to calm down. "He's my nephew, his Oni side is from the First Spinjitzu Master. It is conflicting with his powers. Lloyd is as much Oni as he is Dragon.. for now."

Faith sighed, calming down. "I am sorry. I shouldn't have acted rash like that. Is there any way we can help?"

Wu raised his eyebrows, tilting his head towards the den. "We need to speak to Firstbourne."

With a frown, she turned towards the volcano. "Firstbourne will not be here until tonight unfortunately, but you are welcome to stay as long as you need. We shall have a feast in your honor!" Faith yelled, raising up her grappling hook.

Biting on your lip, you followed behind as Wu and Faith continued walking. Did you deserve a feast for your so called 'honor'? This was the first time in awhile where you didn't run away.

Wu watched the children run around, laughing and giggling. "I see that your people have been able to flourish. I think combining your camp with the Dragons was smart."

"I'd like to think so. After the Oni ravaged our original camp, it was Jet-Jack's idea to move to the Dragons, and Firstbourne agreed. We live with them as protection while we bring them extra food and man-made materials. The children have a fun playing with them as well." Holding a cloth tarp open, Faith led you into a large building.