"Okay," I say softly. "Promise me one thing."

"Anything," he says without hesitation.

"Promise me we can watch the sunset before we leave. I bet it's beautiful here."

He smiles warmly. "Of course. I'll see you on the other side."

Taking a deep breath, I put the car into gear and begin driving to the casino. The SUVs follow so far behind that I only catch a glimpse of them every once in a while. I know it's to be discreet but seeing them behind me calms my nerves slightly. It's about a thirty minute drive to the casino and it's a lot smaller than I expected. The parking lot is full and there's signs for the big event which happens to be some DJ I've never heard of. After parking the car, I make my way towards the entrance as I tuck my key fob into my clutch. I put the gold strap over my shoulder and continue holding the clutch safely by my side. My heels click as I pass through the lobby and enter the casino. I try my best to blend in while keeping an eye out for a man with a face tattoo. It appears to me mostly old people at the slot machines. Hearing the faint sound of music, I follow the sound until I reach double doors with the words Events Only above them. I enter the room to find a large mix of people spread out across the dance floor.

I casually walk around the room the get a sense of the layout. There's only one story thankfully and all of the tables are located against the walls and the dance floor in on the center, dividing the DJ and the bar. I stop by the bar to order a drink. I take a look around as I wait. While there are a lot of people, the room is relatively small for an event like this. Most likely due to the fact that we're in the middle of nowhere. The bartender hands me my drink and I pass him some cash telling him to keep the change. As I take a sip of my drink, I freeze at the sight of a man who fits the description. He's a white man with messy brown hair and a trimmed beard and mustache. He's not entirely bad looking aside from his face tattoo. Luckily for me, he appears to be well maintained. I'm not sure I could flirt with him if he was dirty and missing half of his teeth. He sits in the VIP section with a few men and women. Shifting my gaze towards the crowd, I casually make my way to his side of the room as I finish my drink. Discarding the glass on the bar, I make my way into the crowd just deep enough to blend in.

The song changes and I sway my hips along with the beat. I have to blend in as I come up with a plan on how to approach him. Dancing isn't a strong suit of mine but it sure is easier when you've had a few drinks. There are two men guarding his table so I will have to lure him away somehow. A set of hands grasp my hips causing to to jump in surprise. I glance over my shoulder to find a man who appears to be in his forties smiling at me. Glaring at him, I quickly push his hands away but he immediately pulls me back against him. What the fuck. This isn't even the guy I'm meant to worry about yet the creep won't leave me alone. I'm somehow able to turn in his arms and throw a punch. My reaction gains a lot of unwanted attention and I'm frozen to the spot. Please tell me I didn't just fuck this up somehow. What if I get kicked out and can't follow through with the plan. The last thing I wanted to do was disappoint everyone. Just when I'm about the walk away, the man takes an angry step towards me but is immediately pushed back by someone. The man waves two men over and they drag the man who was touching me away. He turns around and I see the name Nicole tattooed under his right eye. "Sorry about that asshole. Can I get you a drink?"

"I think I owe you a drink," I respond.

He places his hand at the small of my back and guides me out of the dancing crowd. We walk towards the bar where the bartender immediately tends to us. "What would you like?"

"I think I'll just get out of here," I sigh, testing the waters.

"Stay. I'll make sure no one else bothers you."