2. Decisions Are To Be Made!

The ten minute warm up began for Eijun and Miyuki. They began pitching back and forth. A few feet to the side, Esumi had began doing suicides, where she ran back and forth but went a longer distance each time. Chatter along the side continued and time passed on. Soon, Eijun was on the mound. Esumi was in the field. Azuma was in the batter's box. And Miyuki was on the floor, prepared to call plays.

"LISTEN UP YOU STUPID BRAT! HOW ABOUT YOU TRY PUTTING YOUR GAME FACE ON! OR I'LL CHANGE IT FOR YOU WITH A HOMERUN!" Azuma cockily yelled out to Eijun.

"Don't mind! Don't mind!" Esumi called from behind him. Eijun exhaled, covering his mouth with his mitt. He lifted his arms above his head. Next he lifted his right leg high. He stepped forward and swung his arm down hard. The ball bounced and hit Miyuki's mitt with a grunt.

"HAHAHAHA, AND JUST WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!? IF YOU'RE HANDS ARE GONNA SHAKE THAT MUCH FROM FEAR THEN I CAN'T EVEN SWING AT THEM!" Azuma teased, his laugh bellowing out loudly through the field. "IF YOU'RE TOO SCARED TO PITCH THEN JUST SAY SO!"

"Don't mind Ei-nii." Esumi called, encouraging her brother from the fields.

"Sorry, a short time out!" Miyuki called, jogging over to the junior high student. Esumi made her way in too.

"WHAT!? If you're gonna talk you shoulda done it before we started!" Azuma yelled angrily.

"Hey pal...you just threw the ball into the dirt. What's up?" Miyuki questioned, covering his lips with his mitt. Esumi appeared beside Eijun, placing her hand on his shoulder. Eijun clenched his jaw tightly.

"I had a feeling where that pitch was going." Eijun sneered, wiping his chin from sweat that was already starting to form.

"HAHAHAHA OKAY I GET IT! YOU REALIZED HE WAS GONNA BLAST THAT PITCH!" Miyuki teased happily.

"So...so, what's wrong with that?" Eijun took a step back. Slightly shifting so he was standing in front of Esumi.

"Woah! You were on spot there! The pitch you were gonna throw is what he hits best!" Miyuki smirked. "Well..You didn't seem too focused...I figured if he took some of the wind out of your sails, you might grow up a bit. If you had thrown it there's no doubt he'd nail it!"

"Don't mind Ei-nii! I'll stop it! Just like every other home run!" Esumi smiled, holding a thumbs up. That took Miyuki by surprise.

'Does that mean she's stopped a home run before?' He examined the girl's small frame. 'She's so small though..' Miyuki smirked. 'Interesting...'

"I'm impressed with you! So from here on out, let's take out this monster together!" Miyuki said enthusiastically.

When the two boys began to argue, Esumi slipped away to the fields again. She already assumed that Miyuki would offer to form a battery. So she really didn't want to hear the conversation leading up to that point. "I'm going to draw out your ability as far as it will go, so trust in my glove and throw you best pitches!" Miyuki ordered the brunette teen boy. "Only that way, can we truly become 'partners'." Miyuki smirked, hitting Eijun in his stomach. "Nice to meet you, PARTNER!"

"Uh....yes..." Eijun murmured quietly. He watched the strange catcher as he walked back to the home plate. Eijun blushed, thinking to himself. Without further ado, he led his body into the motions of pitching.

Azuma didn't even have time to react. Miyuki smirked, looking up at the tall batter. "In the zone...right?" He asked tauntingly. Azuma cringed with anger. Miyuki stood up, throwing the ball back. "Okay! Batter didn't swing!"

"Jerk! I wanted to see if he could get it all the way!" Azuma claimed in a flustered manner. Esumi smirked at the sight. She watched as Eijun went through the motions again. Esumi felt something in her chest, so she took off before the ball even reached Azuma.