She kept her lightsaber in hand and with light footsteps, Sol headed to the right to find the hanger and find her starfighter.

---

'What is the report, Thrawn?' Darth Vader demanded as he arrived at the control room.

Workmen bustled with communications from attacking TIE fighters, and storm troopers were being ordered to their respected stations. The Grand Admiral remained calm at the head of the control room as he watched rebel ships fly around in his territory.

'The rebel scum has launched a surprise attack,' Grand Admiral Thrawn said, a hint of smugness in his voice. 'They're trying to defeat us. It's laughable.'

Darth Vader stopped beside Thrawn and took in the battlefield that occurred outside the star destroyer. He saw the rebel ships that he knew all too well and despised to see his Empire's TIE fighters fall. Their blasts were agile and powerful, but the rebel pilots were skilled. 

He knew that some of the fallen Republic's best pilots had sided with the Resistance, but Vader had created his Empire to be strong and resilient. They grew from their losses and came back twice as destructive, and with Sol onboard, Darth Vader would make sure that the Resistance knew that he would never give up in his mission to destroy the rebellion.

'Send out your death trooper squadron,' Darth Vader ordered, and Grand Admiral Thrawn tore his red eyes from the windshield. The Sith's eyeless mask was attached to the raging war in space and Thrawn turned to face the man with hesitancy.

'My Lord, are you sure this attack calls for such intensity?' Thrawn asked. 'I have confidence that my men will squander these pitiful ships.'

'Do not question my analysis of war, Grand Admiral. I have far more experience in its potential to be out of our favour than you do. Send.your.death.troopers.' 

Thrawn swallowed when Darth Vader turned to face him with the edge of his words. The Chiss remembered how it felt to beg for air while Vader stood unmoving, and the last thing he wanted was to feel the same suffocation again. 

With a final glance to the battle, Grand Admiral Thrawn cleared his throat and headed towards one of his generals to give the order.

Darth Vader remained at the front of the control room. Although he appeared to be watching the battle, he was actually concentrating on the signatures within the realm of the Force.  

One of them was Sol's. As long as it was onboard and simmering in a stable state, then Vader wouldn't have to search for the Jedi. She was safe in the training room, and he could focus on the other signature that had made it's way into Vader's senses. 

The teal flame that he hadn't seen in so long was in range. With its rich centre and partially hidden presence, the Force signature of Obi-wan Kenobi dipped dangerously close to the star destroyer.

He was here. Obi-wan Kenobi, the man who left Vader for death, the one who had made him into the monster he now was, was on one of the rebel ships. The Jedi Master wasn't dead, like many had thought, but was alive and flying around in Imperial territory. He was attacking Vader's ships and could potentially attempt to capture his beloved prisoner. 

After all this time, why was that wretched man helping the Resistance? The galaxy had been wiped clean of the man that had worked with the Order to betray Vader. The Emperor had made sure that the name 'Obi-wan' was never heard of again, especially not within the Resistance. So, why was Obi-wan Kenobi firing upon his TIE fighters when he had spent so long hiding? 

Vader knew why. The sudden attack in the core, the volume of starfighters and x-wings in Imperial territory, Obi-wan's appearance in the Force; the Resistance was orchestrating some sort of rescue for the one Jedi Vader had aboard.